Mospeada (TV Pilot)?

Thanks for clearing it up guys.

So episode 1 is available as an dvd extra, while episodes 2 and 3 are only on the original VHS relase.

Can someone rip these and upload them onto the net? Even if it's only episode 1, that would be awesome.

Guys, VIDEO TAPE. I have a VHS of Harmoy Gold's original Macross release called Boobytrap, which is the first three episodes dubbed by most of the same actors as Robotech, with a mostly accurate translation though there's some odd naming and word choices (Phaser X weapons, Rick Yamata) and of course the super bad new theme song.

There is a DVD in the Robotech Legacy sets and presumably also in the Protoculture Edition that contains ONLY the first episode of this, and not all three that are on the video tape.

Yeah, I HAVE the video tape, as I said before, and...

Oh, never mind.

So the Legacy DVD has only the first episode of HG Macross? That sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
And, if you plan to watch it, you have to surivive the horror of the theme song...

"Just a pile of rust was all they FOUND on that isle, that no-one expected to see!

Ten years later, Super Fortress MACROSS would rise! Guardian of you and of MEEEEEE!"

*shudder*

Dude, when Macross was dubbed for broadcast in the Philippines, that theme song was used for the ENTIRE series.

:ph34r:

Really...? Gad...I feel for you.

Please tell me they didn't use Reva West songs for Minmay...

Nope. Although the dialogue was dubbed in English by Filipino voice actors, the Mari Ijima's renditions of Minmei's songs were left intact.

So HG was behind the Philippines dub of Macross?

You know what, I really don't know either way, but I was always curious why, in the Philippine-made dub, Hikaru was called "Ricky Hunter" while Minmei was called "Maria." :blink: