The Miclone process

Someone earlier talked about the economics of being macronized. As I pointed out in another thread discussing "why would people even want to colonize," its very likely that a macross colony operated based on a hybrid command/free economy, which places major restrictions on the lifestyles of colonists. While people earn money and have choices how they spend it, likely huge parts of the economy that are state controlled or regulated. For foods, clothes, basic goods, ect, prices may be fixed to a certain degree since everything comes from the limited pool of goods from the system. Really markups would be representative of labour costs, or if its considered rare. We see at the start that real meat is considered a rarity, so that certainly entailed it being more expensive. As a colonist you're assured that you will get basic goods at a reasonable price.

Moreover scaling of costs could exist for Zentredi who live in macro size, yet only a few are allowed to live in such a state. It doesn't mean that they pay that much more to live in macronized form. They too are assured things at a certain price, maybe a bit more, but its not something that seems too expensive.

I think you have to remember this is a closed, smaller economy, which can almost certainly be modeled through computer simulations. Everything can be planned effectively, including having a portion of the population macronized.

Sheryl recall of lack of Macronised Zentraedi on Galaxy, and Galaxy is an implant freak colony, so I can assume that there are Zentreadi with implants but they cannot use the microning chamber.

But are there any known instances of micloned zentradi with implants?

As far as I know, Britai's the only known zentradi with implants. And we don't talk about Buckethead.

[...]

IIRC, there was at least another zentran with implant in the Bodolza room from DYRL?, but this doesn't prove he could be miconized anyway

Interesting to see that only high officers get implants (or this one was just a highly skilled technician dedicated to His Great Majesty Bodolza): maybe because there's 99,999% of chance that they'll never be micloned, or because basic soldiers are just 'expendable items' which are simply thrown away instead of receiving implants when they're really badly injured...

On the other hand, the fear of zentrans for everything micloned may be a good enough reason to not use the miclone chamber ever... except in circumstances similar to the one from SDF or DYRL?

That happened in the series too. The spies stole clothes shortly after infiltration. I was under the impression that the spoils in DYRL's opening scene were from the return of the spies.

As far as infiltration costumes go... burlap sacks probably rank below anything other than outright nudity and full zentradi dress uniform.

Particularly as the zentradi had already seen human attire in their PIRACY of the Macross' TV broadcasts, and should've been able to adapt their uniforms.

Well, according to the well known fact that zentrans are unable to modify their machines, it may have been difficult: I guess their militaristic society wasn't planned to use sewing machines. Also, if in our existing societies, males repel in doing any sewing jobs, it's probably worse for zentrans

OR, precisely because they don't have culture, they ignore that it's a typically female occupation

I'll stop here ont his point... :wacko:

And TWO identical headbands(well, as identical as they can be while being wildly different sizes)!

Edit: Or not. Maybe I should make sure I've seen the current Frontier before I get in these discussions.

[...]

Me too, I should have watched the current episode before talking... :p See below

If I had to guess, the bandana is just part of the character design; the artists include it even while Klan is inside the micloning chamber as a visual cue for the audience (for easy recognition).

That's probably it, in all simplicity :)

Still, it's frustrating to never be able to get a definitive answer: between animation errors, fan service and 'visual cues', like you say, we always get lost in the end... :ph34r:

Sheryl recall of lack of Macronised Zentraedi on Galaxy, and Galaxy is an implant freak colony, so I can assume that there are Zentreadi with implants but they cannot use the microning chamber.

This may be the case, yes...

Particularly as the zentradi had already seen human attire in their PIRACY of the Macross' TV broadcasts, and should've been able to adapt their uniforms.

And TWO identical headbands(well, as identical as they can be while being wildly different sizes)!

Edit: Or not. Maybe I should make sure I've seen the current Frontier before I get in these discussions.

Well... isn't the omly show the Zentraedi had watched up to that point the Miss Macross contest? They probably would have put the spies in one piece swimsuits if they had used that as a basis, would you want to see that?

Well, according to the well known fact that zentrans are unable to modify their machines, it may have been difficult: I guess their militaristic society wasn't planned to use sewing machines. Also, if in our existing societies, males repel in doing any sewing jobs, it's probably worse for zentrans

OR, precisely because they don't have culture, they ignore that it's a typically female occupation

I'll stop here ont his point... :wacko:

Meh, I know lots of men who sew, and Kamjin's uniform was somewhat custom taylored wasn't it?

Well... isn't the omly show the Zentraedi had watched up to that point the Miss Macross contest? They probably would have put the spies in one piece swimsuits if they had used that as a basis, would you want to see that?

They apparently got broadcasts of the Kaifun/Minmei movie as well. Remember Exedol singing Shou Pai Lon when he meets with the leadership of the SDF-1?

:lol:

They apparently got broadcasts of the Kaifun/Minmei movie as well. Remember Exedol singing Shou Pai Lon when he meets with the leadership of the SDF-1?

:lol:

He actually sang "My boyfriend is a pilot"

Hmm...

Maybe he just made references to the movie then. Guess I'll have to rewatch the episode sometime soon.

He thought Shao Pai Long (the character) as real and he thought those were superpowers possesed by humans. I think the movie depicted Lynn Kaifun as Shao Pai Long who single handedly defeats evil giants. The Zentrans were afraid by what they saw. Capt. Gloval assured him its just a movie which made Exedol more confused. :lol:

[...] and Kamjin's uniform was somewhat custom taylored wasn't it?

Frankly, I don't think so: Kamjin having a Glaug, it doesn't look weird to me that he also has some sort of custom outfit (although his uniform is not very different from the other officers IIRC), maybe he found it with his mechas while I'm at it, or at another moment

He thought Shao Pai Long (the character) as real and he thought those were superpowers possesed by humans. I think the movie depicted Lynn Kaifun as Shao Pai Long who single handedly defeats evil giants. The Zentrans were afraid by what they saw. Capt. Gloval assured him its just a movie which made Exedol more confused. :lol:

Maybe that's what happened in Mac7. Exedor/dol got confused by DYRL and thought THAT'S how he is supposed to look. ^_^