Goldbook

So I didn't know where to ask this so I made a new topic. Does anyone have scans of the goldbook? I keep hearing about this mythical book of greatness and want to check it out. So I figured some one might have scanned their copy for the good of the community. So, did anyone?

I've scanned some portions of the line art section from the gold book for the vehicle and mecha art used on my website, but there is 400 pages of stuff in the book! That's way too much to scan, IMO. It is a great book, no doubt about it. My website has a basic description of what is inside the book. You can find it in the book section here:

Books Section (on the Macross Mecha Manual)

Hope that helps.

*raises hand*

I damaged it a bit, for the Macross Mecha Manual. :unsure:

Actually, the my Gold Book survived relatively unscathed. My Macross Perfect Memory however took a bit of a beating. It's all in one piece and no pages have fallen out, but the poor spine will never recover. But I'm never selling it so I figured a little sacrifice was worth the website :)

Besides, there's always the Macross Chronicle. Once it's released, it might prove to be more definitive.

It might be more definitive, but it won't be as pretty...

I am cosumed with envy for those of you who have it...the last time I actually saw one in a shop, I was twelve...and it was WAY out of my price range...

I have a copy. Bought it used. The slipcover was beatup but the book itself was still tight. It cost a pretty penny. Almost regretted buying it, until I opened the pages.

Keep an eye out on Ebay. It pops up on occaison.

Or you could use a proxy bidder/buyer like Celga, Shopping Mall Japan, or CrescentShop and get it now from Yahoo Japan auctions. This copy comes with the Valk poster which mine did not come with: http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n59567643

Who knows maybe it'll be reprinted one day.

Edited by Vifam7

My Goldbook is one of my favorite birthday presents. I got it for my 17th birthday. I can't believe that I've owned that book for 21 years. It's a little beat up, but nothing too seriuos.

I was also lucky enough to have my book autographed by Shoji Kawamori, Haruhiko Mikimoto, and Mari Iijima.

My Goldbook is one of my favorite birthday presents. I got it for my 17th birthday. I can't believe that I've owned that book for 21 years. It's a little beat up, but nothing too seriuos.

I was also lucky enough to have my book autographed by Shoji Kawamori, Haruhiko Mikimoto, and Mari Iijima.

Lucky bastard.