Things we like about Macross 7.

ShizumaRobo

Macross 7 could have been great. It was a direct sequel to the original series and it include probably the greatest ace of the macross universe, max jenius. The last few episodes of the series was closer and had a serious tone like the original. How i wish that from episode 1 to up to before the ruins were discovered were given more seriousness and no the typical monster of the week theme. You don't need numerous episodes to make a series. You nedd quallity episode. The singing and not so eye candy fight scenes just alienated us all. How i wish the fight scenes from the first part of the series were like the one on the last few episodes and just like in the movie. The story would have been more interesting, it's a shame it turned out different.

O yeah what i like about mac 7 is its potential that wasn't given any thought

cheers!

Macross 7 could have been great. It was a direct sequel to the original series and it include probably the greatest ace of the macross universe, max jenius. The last few episodes of the series was closer and had a serious tone like the original. How i wish that from episode 1 to up to before the ruins were discovered were given more seriousness and no the typical monster of the week theme. You don't need numerous episodes to make a series. You nedd quallity episode. The singing and not so eye candy fight scenes just alienated us all. How i wish the fight scenes from the first part of the series were like the one on the last few episodes and just like in the movie. The story would have been more interesting, it's a shame it turned out different.

O yeah what i like about mac 7 is its potential that wasn't given any thought

cheers!

AgentONE may be gone, but his ghost still haunts the dank halls of Macrossworld...

Don't touch the doorknobs, people.

AgentONE may be gone, but his ghost still haunts the dank halls of Macrossworld...

Don't touch the doorknobs, people.

Now, to be fair, he didn't accuse it of causing children to turn gay.

I'm still not touching the doorknobs.

*climbs out a window*

Personally, I didn't like Macross 7 overall as much as the other iterations of Macross but what I did like about it was (in no particular order):

Seeing Max and Milia again, albeit "legally seperated"

Operation Stargazer's Death Star trench scenes. Kind of interesting where Sound Force didn't go through the trench at all. Seems to me that Luke's job would have been way easier if he did what Basara and the others did instead of going through the stupid trench to get to the end.

Guvava! :lol:

Seeing the VF19 and VF21 in actual use by the military

Battle 7 transformation

Seeing Exedol Folmo's tentacles and having him cower in fear of the protodeviln :ph34r:

Plus Yoshiki Fukuyama can and will own everyone in the world, ever.

True dat.

I am AMAZED by this guys' talent.

VFTF1

Amen to that! I say as I sit here watching the "Electric Fire 2007" DVD (GNBA-7510) for the third time since I got it yesterday... :rolleyes:

What I like about Macross 7:

1. The music. I like the Fire Bomber music (especially Fukuyama-san's vocals and guitar work). I like the way they included songs from the other Macross series. I like the fact that music was a constant element of the show.

2. The message. I like the fact that Basara was quite capable of handling himself in hand-to-hand or valkyrie fighting, yet he chose not too. He chose instead to try to spread peace with his music. Ditto for Viffidas and Ray.

3. Elma from the Dynamite OVAs. She reminds me so much of myself as a child.

4. Max and Milia's family issues, including Mylene

5. Flower girl.

6. The fact that Basara was born on my birthday :p Just had to include that (heehee) - but seriously, the fact that Basara's birthday is officially on August 15th, End of War Day in Japan, underscores the purpose of Basara's character.

peace

You lucky, lucky thng...any chance you could do an audio rip of it for us...?

No, but I can give you a few links to uploaded videos from it:

Feel Universe

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3090292

Light the Light (duet version)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3085661

Totsugeki Love Heart (duet version)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3081811

Angel Voice (duet version)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3081425

Planet Dance (duet version)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3077924

The site these are on is Japanese. You may have to register to view them, but the registration process is pretty simple.

To see it all, you will of course have to buy the DVD. I ordered it through the Kinokuniya up in Seattle, but a friend in Puerto Rico ordered his copy through cdjapan - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNBA-7510

btw, I just found a Fukujin recording! It's on the same site as the above links. Fukujin, for those that don't already know, is Yoshiki Fukuyama and Nobutoshi Canna, the two men who voice Basara. They got together this last year and did a few concerts. :)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm2958952

Enjoy!

peace

Thanks! I'd order it from Kinokuniya (here in L.A.), but I have nothing to play it on...I'm going back to Tokyo in the summer, though, so I'll try to get it then. (And I have to pick up "Gift 25" while I'm at it...)

Try this: http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

It's what I use. The program tricks your computer into ignoring the region coding on the disc. It loads when you open your media player - and if your media player is not on it's preset list of programs to work with, you can add it to the list.

It's perfectly safe. I've been using it for a few years now without any ill effects to any of my computers. The only drawback I've ever seen with the program is that you pretty much have to register it ($39.95) if you want to watch more than a half hour of a show at a time.

ComicKaze, about English Fire... I've heard some of it. It's ok... however, although it's still Fukuyama-san's guitar playing, the vocals pale in comparison to the original. If it were a standard $14.00 American CD, I'd probably be tempted to buy it, but I don't consider it worth the $40+ I normally pay for import CDs.

peace

Edited by alindasue

Amen to that! I say as I sit here watching the "Electric Fire 2007" DVD (GNBA-7510) for the third time since I got it yesterday... :rolleyes:

Hi, Alinda, long time no see. You are probably the most passionate Fukuyama fan online, but there ought to be many more. He just does not get enough recognition...

Anyway, I was wondering about this DVD, in fact I was thinking of making a new thread about it. I already have that Fire Bomber 2005 DVD he brought out a couple years back, which is really good, but of course the songs are almost all the same as this new one. Of course the performances are different, but this one is really pricey.... Do you have both? This is yet another one of these things I pointlessly debate even though I know I will end up buying eventually. :(

but seriously, the fact that Basara's birthday is officially on August 15th, End of War Day in Japan, underscores the purpose of Basara's character.

peace

I had never put two and two together, that's really cool. :)

Hi, Alinda, long time no see. You are probably the most passionate Fukuyama fan online, but there ought to be many more. He just does not get enough recognition...

Part of the problem is that through all of Macross 7, his name only once showed up once in any of the credits, as the composer for "Dynamite Explosion!" A lot of people know who Fire Bomber is but not who the voices and musicians of Fire Bomber were. Even now, the only "Fire Bomber" musician I can tell you for sure is Fukuyama-san.

Anyway, I was wondering about this DVD, in fact I was thinking of making a new thread about it. I already have that Fire Bomber 2005 DVD he brought out a couple years back, which is really good, but of course the songs are almost all the same as this new one. Of course the performances are different, but this one is really pricey.... Do you have both? This is yet another one of these things I pointlessly debate even though I know I will end up buying eventually. :(

I also thought about starting a new thread about the DVD, but I don't know where to post it. It's not a model or toy and it's not one of the TV series...

With all the music in the Macross franchise, what this message board really needs is a section just devoted to the music. ^^b

Yes, of course, I have both concert DVDs. ^-^

The "Electric Fire 2007" DVD was quite a bit pricier. Actually, it was only 1,000 yen more, but between the weak US dollar, shipping, and added taxes, I ended up paying $91.00 for it. >.< ouch!

I'm glad I did though! Some of the songs are the same, but a good half of them are duet version this time. Chie Kajiura also has several solos, although Fukuyama-san is still onstage during most them as part of the backup band and harmony. Kajiura-san adds a ereathrall quality that plays against Fukuyama-san's energy quite well.

The difference in styles between Fukuyama-san alone with his band vs Kajiura-san and Fukuyama-san together make it well worth owning both concerts. Both are excellent for different reasons.

peace