Why do we do it?

mister_e

I collect most transforming mecha, Macross, Zeta Gundam, Mospeada, Orguss, and on and on. I always marveled at toys that could transform. Generally speaking though I just love robot toys. many of the toys I collect I have never seen any of the shows for, nor do I have a great desire to see them. Its funny. Alot of the toys I collect I have not seen many of the series that go along with them (or at time I flat out despise the series but love the mecha in it). and alot of the shows I do like, either have no merchandise, or what merchandise exists I think stinks. Go fig its a messed up world ;)

When I was 21, I inherited a very large amount from my aunt and uncle ($975 million) and I've been on a toy shopping/collecting spree since then. The only thing stopping me from having my toys right now is the release dates. I usualy buy 5 to keep MIB, one opened for displaying and one for rough play like throwing around, crashing etc...

I just do it because I have virtually unlimited funds just waiting to be spent.

(wakes up from a very GOOOD dream...)

:)

Why do we drink, chase women, eat, sleep, and breathe?

It's what we do.

that's pretty much close to the real reason.

There's more to just a receded chilhood memory (althought the main reason) to collecting not only macross but any item in particular...It goes way back to primeval man and the need to sort and collect things around us.

Why do we drink, chase women, eat, sleep, and breathe?

It's what we do.

that's pretty much close to the real reason.

There's more to just a receded chilhood memory (althought the main reason) to collecting not only macross but any item in particular...It goes way back to primeval man and the need to sort and collect things around us.

The collector gene ;) 100 years from now this is identified and cured much to the elation of wallets everywhere ;)

For the love of it.

Some collect cars, clothes, watches, and even women!

Bascially even if we dun indulge ourselves in toys, we would splurge our money on something else.

At the end of the day, i feel looking at my toys, playing with it helps me to unwind from a day at work.

Cheers

I collect because for fifteen years, I've wanted to get a Valk again (I had a Jetfire, a Joke Machine and a craptacular Matchbox Veritech -- all three were victims of the usual treatment of toys by a six-year-old :(:(:( ), and now I've both the disposable income to do it every once in a great while and Yamato and Bandai are allowing me to indulge.