My first VF-2SS

vf2ss

Hi all,

First let me say that I am in awe with the modeling talent I've seen in MW. I've gotten so many awesome tips and techniques from all of you. I've been a big lurker, but I appreciate all of you that contribute to helping out your fellow modelers. I built this model awhile back, before I knew about the forums. I just bought a modeling book and went at it because this is the only variable physical representation of the VF-2SS that I know of, and I'm such a big fan of this particular mech. I've gotten a couple of PMs about my avatar so here are some pictures I took of the kit, from which I got my avatar. I think it turned out ok but I'm hoping to get started on some more kits and start another VF-2SS with all this new knowledge I've gotten from you guys.

Hope you like it. ^_^

post-1584-1207279472_thumb.jpg post-1584-1207279641_thumb.jpg post-1584-1207279733_thumb.jpg post-1584-1207279911_thumb.jpg post-1584-1207279996_thumb.jpg post-1584-1207280481_thumb.jpg post-1584-1207281177_thumb.jpg

Not bad, good job. Better looking than the one I built which was a bit floppy in the joints. I might go back ot it and take it apart and repaint and tighten up the joints as well.

Simply beautiful!! Still hoping Bandai will someday release the Perfect Transformation Toy!

Regards,

Roberto

Not bad, good job. Better looking than the one I built which was a bit floppy in the joints. I might go back ot it and take it apart and repaint and tighten up the joints as well.

Yeah, I wish VF-2SS get proper attention from big toy companies as well. To me it is as Macross Mecha as any other series. Nice job!!

Such a nice looking mech. Its a shame they were never really popular with the manufacturers, Hasegawa would do a great job on this.

Great work by the way.

Great job! I love that mech too. Too bad it's not "canon." I think it looks like the next logical step in Valk "evolution." I like the way the model cockpit retracts too! If only the legs didn't have to come off. - MT

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your responses. I built this without knowing about priming and finishing seals, so the model doesn't have a finished seal right now. By reading these forums however I gained alot of knowledge to apply to my future efforts.

If only the legs didn't have to come off. - MT

Yeah, it's alot of stress on the legs having to take them on and off to change modes, that's why I didn't include any pics of gerwalk mode. I've only transformed the model a handful of times. Also, by removing the legs the putty I put in the leg seams has cracked and revealed the seam. Is there a way to prevent this from happening on a kit that needs to be taken apart to change modes?

Thanks,

Drew