Aoshima 1/12 Variable Kits

Hey there everyone...I am getting a bit more into modeling and I thought the Aoshima 1/12 Ride Armor kits that I saw on HLJ would be pretty cool. Does anyone out there have one completed and one non-completed so that I can see what the parts look like? Also...how do you like them? LMK PLEASE and THANKS.

:ph34r:

THANKS SD!!! Can you take some pics of the ones that are not built yet so that I may see the box contents? THANSK AGAIN!!!

I'm an experienced model builder and I hated these kits with a passion. They are very flimsy (or at least the original ones were, don't know about the re-issues). Mine fell apart all the time and the bike was floppy and loose. I wouldn't spend money on these. Also know that these are glue kits, so unless you feel comfortable with glue, then don't get them. The old ones I have aren't molded in correct shades/colors either, so painting is pretty much required.

Edited by protostar8

I'm an experienced model builder and I hated these kits with a passion. They are very flimsy (or at least the original ones were, don't know about the re-issues). Mine fell apart all the time and the bike was floppy and loose. I wouldn't spend money on these. Also know that these are glue kits, so unless you feel comfortable with glue, then don't get them. The old ones I have aren't molded in correct shades/colors either, so painting is pretty much required.

Hmmmmmm.......sorry for that mate.....as far as it seems the newer (reissue) ones seem to be well liked. Thanks for the input though. It's always good to have 2 sides to every story.

Here's a few shots of my original, not reissue..

cyclone3.jpg

cyclone2.jpg

cyclone1.jpg

It does require glue/putty/paint/etc. I did this one several years ago before I levelled up my modeling skills. I have another kit sitting in the closet that I'll take a crack at if I ever find the time.

It is fiddly and tends to have bits that like to jump off it. It's also a really nice representation of the ride armor, and has some nice features and proportions that I wish the new CMs/Megahouse toys had. So have kind of a love/hate thing with mine. I think of putting mine up for sale every now and again.

Here's a few shots of my original, not reissue..

It does require glue/putty/paint/etc. I did this one several years ago before I levelled up my modeling skills. I have another kit sitting in the closet that I'll take a crack at if I ever find the time.

It is fiddly and tends to have bits that like to jump off it. It's also a really nice representation of the ride armor, and has some nice features and proportions that I wish the new CMs/Megahouse toys had. So have kind of a love/hate thing with mine. I think of putting mine up for sale every now and again.

RIGHT ON!!! THANKS for the pics. I will have to see how this goes.

I picked one up the other day. I was surprised that there was ANY die-cast in it. The reissue I have looks nice and the plastic is very sturdy.

THANKS mate...I can't wait to pick one up.