First Time Mospeada Watcher Impressions.

i actually saw mospeada earlier this year because i only watch robotech 3rd generation and with all the news of he CM and MH mospeada figures were coming out i wanted to see what the japanese version was like.

I actually like mospeada more, parts actually made more since =P character personalities were better and they had reasons of why they acted like they do.

Stick - seems pretty similar to his US version. military bound and always gotta finish the mission till the very end.

rey - he was more outgoing, country boy, that would hit on the girls in the group, thought that was kinda funny

fuuko - she seems more tough and such, but a good overall character. her backstory made more since in here =P

mint - pretty annoying, like her US counterpart.

yellow belmont - his character actually made since in the JPN version with his backround. transitions in his voices were kinda weird thou.

Aisha - didnt know her name was different in the jpn version, thought it made since why she was called marlene, but then when i thought about it be kinda sick naming another girl after your deceased one =P wonder whos idea that was in the US to do that.

Mechas - seems way more important, as most of the time they were talking about either protecting them or resupplying them most of the time.

it was a good watch to see all the diffences in the japanese version.... now wish i had a legioss + tread set figures =[ lol

i only have 11 songs supposedly from the OVA, but none with that title :unsure:

Mind Tree

Midnight Rider

Clap!! Clap!! Clap!!

Devil's Eye

Blue Rain

Fire!

Dream Road

Crystal Moment

Heart Wave

Love is Free

Horizon

And how many CDs are there for the TV series?

The music from Mospeada is highly underrated. One of my favorites is Clap!! Clap!! Clap!!, well, because, you have to listen to it ^_^

I can find Stop! in my CD1 folder, i suppose that's vol 1. This song appeared in the tv series, so its correct to find it here.

Mind Tree, Midnight Rider and several other songs only appeared in LLA so i'm quite sure that is the ova soundtrack.

after some googling i believe "Live at Pit Inn" is the title of the vol 3 album? Do u have a list of the soundtrack titles?

The first two don't have titles beyond "Mospeada Vol. I" and "Mosepada Vol. II." Vol. III is Live at Pit Inn, which apparently is indeed a (fake) live album.

It would be easy to tell if "Stop!" is the TV or OVA version, since it's sung in a woman's voice for the show, but a man's for LLA.

(BTW, does anyone know if that's really Bright Noa's voice actor rocking out in LLA? Or did they get someone else?)

And yeah, Mospeada music is underrated...for all the acclaim Joe Hisaishi's Studio Ghibli's music gets, I think his stuff for Mospeada is equally good.

Here is some info on LLA,

http://mospeada.gq.nu/photo5.html

There is LP for it, but my guess its ultra rare to find it, but sometimes I run into these things. :lol:

What do you think of the 3 disc set? Should I get it?

Do you know if the jp mospeada box set have the LLA?

It MUST be ultra rare...it's not listed anywhere that I've found at amazon.co.jp.

Also from Japanese Amazon...no word on whether the two DVD box sets (one in 2004, one in 2007) have LLA, but the individual DVDs do.

I would assume that the box sets would as well, but you know what they say about why you shouldn't assume...

And...three disc set? There's a two disc set that has all three TV soundtracks on it...I don't have that. I have the Super Collection, and, as much as I want to have Live at Pit Inn, I won't shell out $60.00 for the Complete Collection, two-thirds of which I already have.

I keep hoping it'll show up at macrosshare, but no luck so far...

My bad, I should have said 2 disc set.

More info:

The 2007 box info

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=XT-2435

No info on the ova

The 2004 box

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=XT-1555

Does have the OVA, but sold out

The individual dvd #6 does have the OVA

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/1037.php

I am trying to see if I can find a place to buy that dvd here in the states, so far no luck finding it at this time.

I think Victor Records only release it during that period during the OVA release. I haven't heard anything of releasing it, but it maybe possible (highly unlikely) since there is a big demand for the toys.

Side one:

1. Mezame (Awakening), sung by Mine Matsuki (Yellow's "Girl Voice")

2. Love Tonight, sung by Mine Matsuki

3. Areruno e (To the Wild Field), sung by Mine Matsuki (this song is also on Soundtrack Vol. II)

4. Ai no Koishi (Pebble of Love), sung by Mika Doi (Houquet's voice) (this song is also on Vol. I, but I think it's sung by Mine Matsuki there)

5. Kurenai no Karegata [?] ni (To the Red Them [?]), sung by Mine Matsuki and...someone else.

Side Two:

1. Lonely Errant, sung by Mine Matsuki (also on Vol. II)

2. Star Dust

3. Dream Eaters, sung by...someone (also on Vol. I)

4. Pretend, sung by Andy (who also sang the theme song)

5. Blue Rain, sung by Mine Matsuki

My bad, I should have said 2 disc set.

More info:

The 2007 box info

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=XT-2435

No info on the ova

The 2004 box

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=XT-1555

Does have the OVA, but sold out

The individual dvd #6 does have the OVA

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/1037.php

I am trying to see if I can find a place to buy that dvd here in the states, so far no luck finding it at this time.

I think Victor Records only release it during that period during the OVA release. I haven't heard anything of releasing it, but it maybe possible (highly unlikely) since there is a big demand for the toys.

Okay...Amazon.co.jp lists both Box Sets at 634 minutes, so the 2007 one must have the OVA as well.

Side one:

1. Mezame (Awakening), sung by Mine Matsuki (Yellow's "Girl Voice")

2. Love Tonight, sung by Mine Matsuki

3. Areruno e (To the Wild Field), sung by Mine Matsuki (this song is also on Soundtrack Vol. II)

4. Ai no Koishi (Pebble of Love), sung by Mika Doi (Houquet's voice) (this song is also on Vol. I, but I think it's sung by Mine Matsuki there)

5. Kurenai no Karegata [?] ni (To the Red Them [?]), sung by Mine Matsuki and...someone else.

Side Two:

1. Lonely Errant, sung by Mine Matsuki (also on Vol. II)

2. Star Dust

3. Dream Eaters, sung by...someone (also on Vol. I)

4. Pretend, sung by Andy (who also sang the theme song)

5. Blue Rain, sung by Mine Matsuki

I think that's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", and that other singer is the none-other than the late seiyuu for Captain Bright/Saint Dragon Shiryu/Yellow...

geee now u make me yearn for the complete collection of songs.... :(

Edited by Shun

I think that's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", and that other singer is the none-other than the late seiyuu for Captain Bright/Saint Dragon Shiryu/Yellow...

Damn, you're right. I misread the first kanji...

And I'm thinking I'd love to make an AMV of that, using the scenes of Bright Noa chasing chickens from ZZ...

I have LLA and Live At Pit Inn on vinyl. I burned both onto CD, but the quality is not that great. It pops and crackles now and then which is annoying, plus you have to crank up the volume. Awesome songs on LLA.

If someone wants help me upload them somewhere, I'll be more than happy to do so.

LLA was relased on CD, but its hard to find and the last time I saw it on YJA it went for over 10000 yen.

Edit*

mospscvinyl.JPG

Edited by Totoro242

Yeah great collection. Always a treat to see the cover art of Macross/Mospeada etc STs'.

Disturbing Yellow pics though. :lol: Haven't got the For Fans Only cd?? I had to get it to get an original

of the "Wanna Be An Angel"... Love that song.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

OK, further impressions:

• Love Spits in Cosmic Wave? Yuck!

• Wow, the music is really growing on me.

• People talk a LOT less than in RT and for the most part seem like more normal people, instead of fast talking freaks who say odd things because they match lip flaps.

• Yikes! Naked Yellow, I did not need to see that.

• So many scenes were cut from Robotech that would help this show make sense – didn;t realize Carla's boyfriend was quite SO evil!

• Motorcycle Freak...that's you! Ahh Engrish.

• The interviews are cool too – they can't actually beat the Inbit – they just get done and leave! LOL

Cool, nice stuff :) I want to see part 2 :)

I could never bring myself to buy the Macross The Complete collection. Just way too much money. I do hope to find it for a good deal some day (but I'm not going to buy the crappy SM bootleg, I hate bootlegs)

Here is my Macross Vinyl:

macrossvinyl.JPG

Edited by Totoro242

Robotech messed up the whole thing with 3 different anime's. Made me confused as an 8 year old.

I'm glad to watch the original Japanese Mospeada 20 years later... !

The whole story deserves to be more than 25 ep.

(lol I just only got the first 3 cd's on the 2nd pic :p... but I have a blue gakken 1/35 HA!)

Edited by Kin

OK, further impressions:

• Love Spits in Cosmic Wave? Yuck!

• Wow, the music is really growing on me.

• People talk a LOT less than in RT and for the most part seem like more normal people, instead of fast talking freaks who say odd things because they match lip flaps.

• Yikes! Naked Yellow, I did not need to see that.

• So many scenes were cut from Robotech that would help this show make sense – didn;t realize Carla's boyfriend was quite SO evil!

1. Hmmm...the subtitles say "Love SPIRIT in cosmic wave," but is that really right?

2. Hell, yeah!

3. GoshScottWeBetterBeCarefulOrElseTheInvidWillFindUsHuhDon'tYouThinkSoTooDon'tYou? ...you mean you don't talk like this? I sure do!

4. I found topless Mint more disturbing than naked Yellow. Mostly because, when he grabs Sorji during his bath, I always expect him to say, "Don't look down, but I think I love you."

5. I don't remember RT well enough...what was different?

Actually, I'm realizing I've forgotten quite a lot from RT...I completely forgot about the entire epiosde with the old guys (or maybe I just never saw it initially?), and a few things are ringing distant bells that I can't quite recall.

So are you finished with it yet? I'm up to episode 18 now.

No, I didnt think there was anything worth getting on that release. Its a good song?

Hell yes!

It's the song Sharon is singing exclusively from the Macross Plus the movie version where all the feathers start flying about.

My fav Mac Plus song without a doubt. Be sure to track it down somehow! Especially if you haven't heard or can't remember it. :)

There are other variantions of the other songs too from the previous cds but these variations were canon to the

ova/movie, some other interesting mixes as well, it was the last Mac Plus cd ST i needed to track down..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Cool, nice stuff :) I want to see part 2 :)

I could never bring myself to buy the Macross The Complete collection. Just way too much money. I do hope to find it for a good deal some day (but I'm not going to buy the crappy SM bootleg, I hate bootlegs)

Here is my Macross Vinyl:

Awesome. I love seeing pics like this.

Unfortunately, it pisses me off a bit because last week I went in to a record shop to buy that DYRL soundtrack which had been there for ages and of course it was GONE. Goddammit!!! It was only 500 yen!!! But I never got round to buying it cos I alway had something else to do. I've been kicking myself for the past few days 'cause that's a beautiful cover artwork that ought to be displayed and tiny CD jackets just do not do it justice.

Anyway, yeah, Mospeada, it's a good show. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
1. Hmmm...the subtitles say "Love SPIRIT in cosmic wave," but is that really right?

Yeah, I saw the subtitles but its so funny that they can't pronounce it quite right, and basically skip the r sound, so it sounds like Spits LOL

2. Hell, yeah!

Wish I had mp3's of the songs...oh well.

3. GoshScottWeBetterBeCarefulOrElseTheInvidWillFindUsHuhDon'tYouThinkSoTooDon'tYou? ...you mean you don't talk like this? I sure do!

4. I found topless Mint more disturbing than naked Yellow. Mostly because, when he grabs Sorji during his bath, I always expect him to say, "Don't look down, but I think I love you."

5. I don't remember RT well enough...what was different?

Carla's boyfriend actually kills the people who make it, or come back. Lots of extra scenes that fill out the show, more discussion about the Legioss and Tread (and that Tlead subtitle makes me cringe).

Actually, I'm realizing I've forgotten quite a lot from RT...I completely forgot about the entire epiosde with the old guys (or maybe I just never saw it initially?), and a few things are ringing distant bells that I can't quite recall.

So are you finished with it yet? I'm up to episode 18 now.

All done. It was really cool. Scratched that 'I need an 80s show fix'. Next I wanna snag a copy of Dorvack or VOTOMS. VOTOMS used to be a Right Stuf for dirt cheap, but don't know if they still do that.

Any good cheap shows I should watch? 80s and early 90s only please.

YCarla's boyfriend actually kills the people who make it, or come back. Lots of extra scenes that fill out the show, more discussion about the Legioss and Tread (and that Tlead subtitle makes me cringe).

All done. It was really cool. Scratched that 'I need an 80s show fix'. Next I wanna snag a copy of Dorvack or VOTOMS. VOTOMS used to be a Right Stuf for dirt cheap, but don't know if they still do that.

Any good cheap shows I should watch? 80s and early 90s only please.

No, I just watched Mospeada...I can't remember what happened in Robot-yecch! (Which is probably a good thing. Forget I asked.)

As VF5SS said, there's a raw Dorvack floating around. I have the torrent but I haven't started downloading it yet. I've also seen a Dragonar torrent and a couple of others which slip my mind now...

If you're looking for something to buy, I recommend Dunbine, if you haven't seen it.

Me, I'm currently watching Orguss and Zambot 3 (both of which I highly recommend, again if you haven't seen them. Zambot 3 must be seen to be believed...). And I'm currently downloading Central Anime's fansub of Legend of the Galactic Heroes...I have no idea when I'll have enough time to watch it, though...

And I never give up hope that someone will fansub Daitarn 3, Xabungle, and the J9 Trilogy...