The Second-to-Last Starfighter?!

bsu legato

Lesson Number Three: Always trust Centauri...

This would be a major problem with any further Starfighter films. Robert Preston and Daniel O'Herlihy brought bucketloads of charisma and heart to the original film straight from the Hollywood and stage oldschool. Their deaths mean that there would be a hole in any attempted sequel that would be really hard to fill.

Good luck to the producers if they do attempt a new film.

Taksraven

Whenever I see the scenes in the asteroid, it always reminds me of the modern ear-wax medicine commercials.

Anyway........I kind of think that the only way to capture the spirit of the original would be to do this as a fully CG movie. Even the gaping holes left by the deaths of Robert Preston and Daniel O'Herlihy could be filled with great CG caricatures and talented voice artists.

Heh, as the original Last Starfighter movie used CG in an age where models were predominantely used, pehaps a modern sequel should buck the current trend and use all models, rather than CG. :D

Actually, I'd love to see models used again in sci-fi movies. To be honest, I'm sick of CG space ships.

Graham

aged? still a classic, and deserves a sequel. Smarten the story line, add the effects of todays standards. kick ass.

Like this time actually send out a whole fleet of Gunstars and they all get wiped out on a full frontal assault on Xur's revenge festivities except one sole surviver (aka Alex and Grig and or perhaps a leading female actor for a change?)

Yeah that would be cool, a chick as the pilot. Possibilities! :D I'm hopefull. Deffinently bring back Grig and CG Centauri...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Heh, as the original Last Starfighter movie used CG in an age where models were predominantely used, pehaps a modern sequel should buck the current trend and use all models, rather than CG. :D

Actually, I'd love to see models used again in sci-fi movies. To be honest, I'm sick of CG space ships.

Graham

"Daddy? Why can't we eat dinner tonight? And why don't you work at ILM no more?"

"Coz Graham prefers models in his movies. Now shut up and your hard-drive!"