1/100 Macross Factory Kit...

miriya

I had the Robotech edition back in high school, which I got as a chirstmas gift the year it was released. Beautiful, amazing kit which took me a month to build and probably was my all-time favorite MACROSS item ever. I eventually sold it back in the early 90s, but a couple of years ago I picked up an unpainted, mostly-complete buildup. Here it is waiting for restoration some day:

Armored_Factory.jpg

I had to pick up a new 1/100 scale Armored 1J for it (got it for like $10 on eBay, so I'm not upset at the inexpensive upcoming reissues!). It even has all the decals, unused. Just missing a few barrels and I think a wheel or two on the vehicles.

Note that all the trucks and service vehicles come right from official Macross design works seen in Perfect Memory and other sources, and these Armored Factory kits are the only way you can get them. The crew figures include pilots and deck crew in tiny UN Spacy uniforms & helmets (I've still got two from my original done up like Max and Hikaru!)

These go for a couple hundred bucks when you can find them new, and they're worth every penny spent and every moment building.

Edited by AcroRay

I bought the Robotech packaged kit about 20 years ago. I walked into a unique collectors store and it was sitting up on a shelf right above the doorway with tons of dust on it, unopened. This was a couple years after all the kits were sold off the shelves. I got it home and thought, "Thank God, this is like the holy grail of Macross stuff - awesome!." Even when I saw it in the store I played it down. It was an "expensive" $38.00 B)). - MT

I had 3 of those shelved around for a couple of years and never built them. When i realized 1/100 scale wasn't going to do it for me, I started selling them on Evilbay. I just sold the last one a couple of months ago...

Now everything has to be either 1/144 or 1/72...

Thanks everyone for your input.

I am really liking this kit.

I just wish that the exact same kit existed in 1/48.

I know that there is a 1/72 resin kit being made here on the forums and I am probably getting at least one of those but I just really want to diorama my 1/48 yamatos in something like this.

I have considered doing a styrene build up from scratch but that would take an eon to do!