Common scale: 1/60 or 1/48?

alvinz79

Just want to know what is the more common scale for collector to collect for yamato? Most of the collectors go for 1/60 or 1/48?

I know its up to individual, but just want to know what most collectors go for.. :wacko:

I think it all lies in personal tastes and what you're collecting for. Certain fighters are more desirable than others. Just depends.

Just want to know what is the more common scale for collector to collect for yamato? Most of the collectors go for 1/60 or 1/48?

I know its up to individual, but just want to know what most collectors go for.. :wacko:

The more complete scale would be the 1/60 scale. It's so complete they're going to do the VF-1s a second time soon!

Since Yamato has decided that they want all of their perfect transforming toys in 1/60 scale, then your answer is obvious. Also, they are redoing the VF-1 series with the new 1/60 scale so I wouldn't buy the old VF-1 1/60 line that's on Ebay. The new 1/60 VF-1 Valks are supposed to be out this summer.

LOL...beat to the punch by a minute. :p

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I think that collectors don't care about scale as much as other factors.

Obviously the 1/60 YF-19 is more desirable than the 1/72 YF-19 - but not because of scale.

Obviously the 1/48 VFs are more desirable than the old 1/60s - but not because of scale.

In fact - with the new 1/60 perfect Transformations - assuming they are as cool or better than the 1/48s - the scale issue will actually become an issue...

For now it really hasn't been one.

I think people who prefer the 1/55s do so because of them being chunky and vintage rather than simply because 1/55 is a superior scale to 1/60 or something...

As for the Macross Zero figures - well ... you really don't have much choice do you?

The only time this question becomes viable is when we are considering models of the aircraft from Macross - then indeed scale is a consideration - what scale best fits what plane, when the plane is best executed etc...

But as of now - there are not that many variable renditions to chose from scale wise...

My two cents

VFTF1

Scale only comes into it when you want to display a line up of say aircraft so that you can compare the difference in size between them. But collectors come in all shapes and sizes just like most collectables. I myself collect to a shrine type idea where I'll find a figure of my fave pilot (normaly a CM) and collect anything that is related to him and scale does not come into it. The pic below is my Roy shrine and you'll see all scales in there from 1/144 to 1/48.

post-5632-1203415688_thumb.jpg

But as for the main scale it would have to be 1/60 as no other Yamato's apart from the VF-1 in the 1/48 scale and I would say that the older 1/72 macross plus valks are just out dated due to the new 1/60 scales so it's not like there is much choice. If your going to collect yammies then 1/60 would be your common scale and 1/48's make great center pieces for any display. I guess that on the other end you have guy's that collect a certain brand or collect any and everything to do with macross. But I guess if you did a pole I think that 1/60 would come out on top as the most common scale.