Low Visibility Wood Land Color

MacrossMan

What's up with the Low Viz Ver 2? Toy shops must be having trouble moving these things. I picked one up for $59.99 +$11.95 for shipping over the weekend. Never planned on getting it, but for the price I couldn't let it get past me.

Just out of curiosity, what did the first 1/48 fighters sell for? I've read and seen where some guys have bought at least three of certain fighetrs when they come out to display in each mode. Some guys even purchase four to have an extra one to play with. That would be insanely expensive today with some fighters going for as much as $400.00...if you're lucky enough to find them.

Where exactly did you get a 1/48 for that price? I do not like that color scheme but I would get one to customize.

I got it through a store front on Amazon.com called toyzz.com. They had 2 for that price on Saturday I think. I'll post a link if they still have the other available.

post-7126-1203123710_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossMan

that was cheap, good buy! bought mine for $110

I know! I'm just curious why they sold it for cheap. I thought maybe they were having problems selling them or something, but most places are still asking between $99-$175 for them. It's actually not a bad looking fighter. Internet pictures don't do it much justice. I scored the Wood Land Color GBP armor and plan on displaying the fighter in Battroid mode with it. If I had not scored the armor, I still would have displayed this one in fighter mode. By the way, I found the armor for $45.00...should see it next week some time.

I know! I'm just curious why they sold it for cheap. I thought maybe they were having problems selling them or something, but most places are still asking between $99-$175 for them. It's actually not a bad looking fighter. Internet pictures don't do it much justice. I scored the Wood Land Color GBP armor and plan on displaying the fighter in Battroid mode with it. If I had not scored the armor, I still would have displayed this one in fighter mode. By the way, I found the armor for $45.00...should see it next week some time.

Obvious next question, Where did you get the armor for so cheap?

Obvious next question, Where did you get the armor for so cheap?

Ken at Toy-Wave has the armor and he comes highly recommended by Kensei. Shipping is from Japan, I think, so it's a little steep, but if you purchase multiple items it all balances out. I got the Wood Land and Urban Camo; it was $59.00. With shipping and all the total was $158.00. You can't beat those prices stateside or abroad.

Ken at Toy-Wave has the armor and he comes highly recommended by Kensei. Shipping is from Japan, I think, so it's a little steep, but if you purchase multiple items it all balances out. I got the Wood Land and Urban Camo; it was $59.00. With shipping and all the total was $158.00. You can't beat those prices stateside or abroad.

Failed to mention that he also has the TV GBP armor for $50.00. I love this Macross stuff, but I love a good deal even better! Engage me if you're looking for something. Rest assured I have scoured the world wide web for the best price and might be able to inform you of where the best deals are. B))

What's up with the Low Viz Ver 2? Toy shops must be having trouble moving these things. I picked one up for $59.99 +$11.95 for shipping over the weekend. Never planned on getting it, but for the price I couldn't let it get past me.

Just out of curiosity, what did the first 1/48 fighters sell for? I've read and seen where some guys have bought at least three of certain fighetrs when they come out to display in each mode. Some guys even purchase four to have an extra one to play with. That would be insanely expensive today with some fighters going for as much as $400.00...if you're lucky enough to find them.

Still curious about pricing when the toys first came out...

I must be the only person in the universe to have actually liked the woodland color upon seeing it, and even more upon purchase. It's my favorite rendition of the VF-1A - I mean - 1As are cannon fodder in my book...so why not make them the color of cannon fodder ?:)

VFTF1

I must be the only person in the universe to have actually liked the woodland color upon seeing it, and even more upon purchase. It's my favorite rendition of the VF-1A - I mean - 1As are cannon fodder in my book...so why not make them the color of cannon fodder ?:)

VFTF1

I wasn't a fan of it at all, but again, at the price I couldn't let it pass me by. I was pleasantly surprised though when I received it. It's not a bad looking fighter at all. Haven't transformed it yet though. I think it looks better in battroid mode with the armor and I think that's how I will display mine.

Yen to dollar fluctuates but pretty much any 1/48 was about $135-$150 shipped via EMS to the USA upon release. GBPs were a bit cheaper but not much.

That's not too bad I guess. I just wish I would have gotten into collecting 5 years ago. My collection would gargantuan right about now. For now, it's time to play catch up. Hopefully Yamato's new stuff won't be available until May'ish or June while I catch up...I know selfish right? :unsure:

Edited by MacrossMan