Mac+ Subs

Steve

Yep I'm working on that, though I still don't like the campy English dub subtitles that I would get and I would be left still wanting different subtitles. Or since i'm a neat freak about picture i'd end up trying to get the HD release which has no subs...

The Manga subs aren't that great. I wouldn't mind replacing them, either.

i agree, the manga subs sux in my opinion 'cause they didn't even sub a line of dialogue (it is just blank). apparently they wanted me to watch the english dub instead. this is for the ova only, the line of dialogue was subbed in the movie... but i can't remember if the movie version was a dvd-rip or a fansub.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

Yep I'm working on that, though I still don't like the campy English dub subtitles that I would get and I would be left still wanting different subtitles. Or since i'm a neat freak about picture i'd end up trying to get the HD release which has no subs...

Ummm.... the Mac Plus DVDs have TWO SEPARATE SETS of subtitles.

Depending on whether you select english or japanese audio, it selects a set of subtitles to match.

i agree, the manga subs sux in my opinion 'cause they didn't even sub a line of dialogue (it is just blank). apparently they wanted me to watch the english dub instead. this is for the ova only, the line of dialogue was subbed in the movie... but i can't remember if the movie version was a dvd-rip or a fansub.
Which line? I don't recall that issue.

I remember V1 of the first OVA disk had some severe issues. That could've been part of it.

Not that I think Manga did a great job with the franchise(I'm STILL waiting for them to do the movie DVD right), but...

Ummm.... the Mac Plus DVDs have TWO SEPARATE SETS of subtitles.

Depending on whether you select english or japanese audio, it selects a set of subtitles to match.

Which line? I don't recall that issue.

I remember V1 of the first OVA disk had some severe issues. That could've been part of it.

Not that I think Manga did a great job with the franchise(I'm STILL waiting for them to do the movie DVD right), but...

maybe i have the v1 dvd-rip. all of my anime is on dvd-r and i would have to go through 55 dvd's to find macross plus. it is a scene where isamu and guld meet for the first time at the park or fishin' pier (i can't remember), they argue and guld leaves with myung on a bike i think. i think isamu and myung or isamu and that "freckle" girl went out there on the bike and they ran into guld or guld and myung.

as long as manga got it right eventually, i'd be fine with it. i have ninja scroll, ninja scroll widescreen and ghost in the shell on dvd... and i noticed that they went from white subtitles (ninja scroll) to yellow subtitles (ninja scroll widescreen) to correct the problem of not bein' able to read the subs when the scene is a light color (yellow is still hard to read sometimes, they really need to add a black border around them, not keep changin' the color).

Edited by DJ Loe Kee