Heck hath frozen over! The new proto garland rocks!!!

nghia59

Just got the new proto garland from yamato (see ad at top of page :lol: ) and it is amazing. No QC issues what so ever with mine!

Man it is 20 umpteen gagillion times better than the first garland toy. At risk of offending all us valk lovers (me included ) I think that this is one of the best mech toys that Yamato has put out. Sturdy construction, super articulation, fixed alll the issues that I can see from the first toy's design, nice QC, and all around very high recomendation to anyone who's into mech collecting. Don't pass this one up guys!

One of the best toys in my current collection and I have just about everything these days. I actually might like it better than my 19.

- Nghia

If these still sold at the original price ($95ish) they'd be a whole heck of a lot more tempting. As it is they seem to go for like $150ish and I'm just not a big enough Megazone fan to plunk down that kind of scrill.

I'm not that huge of a megazone fan either, but this thing is really damn nice. I just hope that they make all the mechs from the second series as they are all top notch designs that are a bit underappreciated for the look and design. Most of the anime is in the dark or just horribly composed in action scenes so that they don't get any moneyshot love. But when I got my first art book (back in 86), I was amazed at how nice the designs were. Afterall it's the same guy that designed all the Bubblegum Crisis mechs.

post-828-1201768443_thumb.jpg

post-828-1201768502_thumb.jpg

post-828-1201768523_thumb.jpg

Weren't the Megazone mechs designed by Shinji Aramaki while Bubblegum Crisis Hardsuits were by Kenichi Sonoda (Gunsmith Cats etc)?

These are coming out just in time for Chinese New Year loot. :D

Sonoda was the character guy. He designed the hardsuits because they were all part of the character tree. Aramaki did all the mech stuff and there were a bunch of fill in guest artists designing boomers, special cars, guest mecha (DD was designed by Masami Obari) etc... . Megazone 23 Part 1 was designed by Hideki Kakinuma and Aramaki did the rest (part 2 and 3).

Edited by nghia59

Not sure if Sonada actually did the final draft of the hard suits. I know he did some early designs for them, but judging by the stuff in the B-Club book they're pretty awful.

Yeah he did them. Saw him at San Diego Con in '88 (jeez I'm old) and he told me that it was his "responsibilty". LOL, interesting choice of words.