Looking For Spaceships

briscojr84

Hey I'm running an RPG game and was wondering if anyone knows of an anime that has similiar ship designs to those found in Mospeada, or even an anime that has really good ship designs [already have a ton of stuff for battleship yamato].

Thanks.

4Chan's /m/.

/thread/

Seriously there is always a anime spaceship post in there. But even then Google with a "Anime Spaceship" search description will net you hundreds of images.

LoGH!, GunBuster, Tenchi Muyo, Trigun, The World of Narue, Star Blazers, Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, and etc. But sadly you won't find very much along the lines of the Mospeada style.

4Chan's /m/.

/thread/

Seriously there is always a anime spaceship post in there. But even then Google with a "Anime Spaceship" search description will net you hundreds of images.

LoGH!, GunBuster, Tenchi Muyo, Trigun, The World of Narue, Star Blazers, Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, and etc. But sadly you won't find very much along the lines of the Mospeada style.

Thanks chrono, I'll check 4chan although I've never been there before, I've tried google several times as well usually I end up with a bunch of junk, but I usually go back and try about once a week anyway.

What is LoGH!? As for Tenchi muyo I've been trying to relocate the pictures of the galaxy police HQ and Mihoshi/Kiyone's red colored ship that I found a few years back, unfortunately the computer I had at the time decided to eat it's hard drive and the pictures were lost.

Anybody happen to know some place where I can find images of the ships from Banner/Crest Of The Stars or Xenosaga.

Thanks again.

Edited by briscojr84

Umm Dream Pod 9 did the Jovian Chronicles saga, which featured some really nice designs (the best was the Valiant Class Strike Carrier). Valiant.gif

http://www.dp9.com/Worlds/jc_page4a.htm

Maybe google around for some images

Oh that is nice, thanks Noyhauser, I'll try for some of those.

What about Southern Cross? It had a fair selection of capital ships didn't it :huh:

If you're just looking for ship designs then why not check out Battletech (CBT). It has a huge line up of ships from tiny dropships to massive battlecruisers. Be happy to help you out with details if any CBT ships take your fancy.

What is LoGH!?

Legend of Galatic Heroes. If you hadn't seen it, you hadn't seen operatic space battles. Their minor skirmishes probably involves a few hundred ships a side, and the really big ones involved thousands if memory serves.

There was also a line of collectible starship miniatures out a few months back. Not sure if they are still available nowadays.

EDIT: Like so:

http://www.hlj.com/product/WRS81002

http://www.hlj.com/product/WRS81003

http://www.hlj.com/product/WRS81004

Or better still:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist.cgi?Ser...=3132&Dis=2

Edited by Lynx7725

Have you tried Banner of the star series? They have plenty of fleet engagement there with unique weapon (space-time mines).

I used to have a collection of art of the ships from that series, but it was lost in my crashed HD :( .

Here's a good link of it:

Abh Nation

Other series that I can tell is from Heroic Age anime series, halfway of the series is full with major fleet battles. I'll try if I can get the scan from my Heroic Age official magazine abaout the ships in that anime.

Anybody happen to know some place where I can find images of the ships from Banner/Crest Of The Stars

I can get you CoTS, but only in a limited number. Because there are VERY few shots that show the entire ship due to their severe view angles or quickness of the shot. Also there doesn't seem to be an art book out there for the mechanicals only the characters.

Have you looked up Detonator Orgun? It also has similar ships, as does Voices of a Distant Star. And don't forget about Dirty Pair or Cannon God Exaxxion.

What about Southern Cross? It had a fair selection of capital ships didn't it :huh:

If you're just looking for ship designs then why not check out Battletech (CBT). It has a huge line up of ships from tiny dropships to massive battlecruisers. Be happy to help you out with details if any CBT ships take your fancy.

I hadn't even thought of battletech, unfortunately I got rid of my books years ago.

What about the BC-304 Daedalus class battlecruiser from Stargate ?

Hmm, hadn't thought about it, I guess because they haven't shown up very much lately.

Legend of Galatic Heroes. If you hadn't seen it, you hadn't seen operatic space battles. Their minor skirmishes probably involves a few hundred ships a side, and the really big ones involved thousands if memory serves.

There was also a line of collectible starship miniatures out a few months back. Not sure if they are still available nowadays.

EDIT: Like so:

http://www.hlj.com/product/WRS81002

http://www.hlj.com/product/WRS81003

http://www.hlj.com/product/WRS81004

Or better still:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist.cgi?Ser...=3132&Dis=2

I'll look online for those, Thanks Lynx7725.

Have you tried Banner of the star series? They have plenty of fleet engagement there with unique weapon (space-time mines).

I used to have a collection of art of the ships from that series, but it was lost in my crashed HD :( .

Here's a good link of it:

Abh Nation

Other series that I can tell is from Heroic Age anime series, halfway of the series is full with major fleet battles. I'll try if I can get the scan from my Heroic Age official magazine abaout the ships in that anime.

Thanks Morpheus.

Of course, why did I forgot about this one: Nadesico. Here's a bunch of lineart, the rest is in my other laptop in my lab ^_^

Thanks morpheus, I'm already using those as well.

I can get you CoTS, but only in a limited number. Because there are VERY few shots that show the entire ship due to their severe view angles or quickness of the shot. Also there doesn't seem to be an art book out there for the mechanicals only the characters.

Have you looked up Detonator Orgun? It also has similar ships, as does Voices of a Distant Star. And don't forget about Dirty Pair or Cannon God Exaxxion.

Thanks Chrono, I haven't tried DO and hadn't known about VoaDS, already snagged some Dirty Pair but not CGE. Any images you could get would be great.

Edited by briscojr84

::points up the thread at his post::

Already taken care of. B))

Had pics turned off so didn't see them :mellow:

I hadn't even thought of battletech, unfortunately I got rid of my books years ago.

Like I said I can help you out if want to use any of their designs.

Had pics turned off so didn't see them :mellow:

Like I said I can help you out if want to use any of their designs.

Great thanks, I'll take whatever you have.

I found several Seikai line art in my lab laptop :lol:

You can see it here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Drodius/Seikai/

Thanks Morpheus.

Great thanks, I'll take whatever you have.

You've got a choice from:

54 Aerodyne dropships weighing between 400 to 17,400 tons

59 Spheroid dropships weighing between 1900 to 100,000 tons

25 Jumpships weighing between 50,000 to 500,000 tons

74 Warships weighing between 6100 to 2,500,000 tons

To give you an idea of what each class does, the heavier warships have both normal ground type weapons as well as long range extremely powerful space weapons and usually carry some amount of dropships and aerospace fighters. The jumpships are usually not intended for prolonged combat and are more transport oriented. The spheroid dropships are fairly heavily armed with ground type weapons, with some even carrying aerospace fighters and can carryout engagements in space but are not manouvereable enough to do much in the atmosphere. The aerodyne dropships are fairly small but usually well armed and perform a similar role to the spheroid dropships except that they can perform manouvers in the atmosphere similar to an aerospace fighter.

I suggest that you check out Chaosmarch

Under Technical Readouts in the left hand menu just select either Inner Sphere, Clans of Kerensky or Star League then select Ships. If you spot any ship you like let me know and I'll send you a copy of it's specs and history.

You've got a choice from:

54 Aerodyne dropships weighing between 400 to 17,400 tons

59 Spheroid dropships weighing between 1900 to 100,000 tons

25 Jumpships weighing between 50,000 to 500,000 tons

74 Warships weighing between 6100 to 2,500,000 tons

To give you an idea of what each class does, the heavier warships have both normal ground type weapons as well as long range extremely powerful space weapons and usually carry some amount of dropships and aerospace fighters. The jumpships are usually not intended for prolonged combat and are more transport oriented. The spheroid dropships are fairly heavily armed with ground type weapons, with some even carrying aerospace fighters and can carryout engagements in space but are not manouvereable enough to do much in the atmosphere. The aerodyne dropships are fairly small but usually well armed and perform a similar role to the spheroid dropships except that they can perform manouvers in the atmosphere similar to an aerospace fighter.

I suggest that you check out Chaosmarch

Under Technical Readouts in the left hand menu just select either Inner Sphere, Clans of Kerensky or Star League then select Ships. If you spot any ship you like let me know and I'll send you a copy of it's specs and history.

Thanks thegunny, looks like they have the basic stats as well, great.

CGE right out of the manga. Hope they are good enough. :/

Thanks chrono, I couldn't find anything when I did a search.

Edited by briscojr84

We now take a break from Anime spaceships... to bring you Battlefleet Gothic/Warhammer 40K ships

we now return you to your regularly scheduled anime ship broadcast.

Thanks lord breetai, I decided early on not to use them though, of course it could as also be my prejudice against the fact that I was actually going to play BFG at one point until I found out most of the ships are smaller than my index finger. ^_^

why on earth do you need so many ships?

For new factions, this game has been running for about three years now and they are on their third set of characters, just trying to give them new options and new people to get beat up by.

Plus I get bored easily and like to throw new things at them.

For new factions, this game has been running for about three years now and they are on their third set of characters, just trying to give them new options and new people to get beat up by.

Plus I get bored easily and like to throw new things at them.

you guys have been in one RP campaign for almost 3 years? that's a long time!

you guys have been in one RP campaign for almost 3 years? that's a long time!

Yup, some of the faces have changed and we've added and lost a few people but the game timeline originally covered 6000 year period, and we just jumped about 10,000 years further on, there have been at least ten large scale wars in the campaign, we use d20 rules but I've dumbed down the mecha and ship rules.