how to clean old toys?

Rhapsodyred99

Hello all I have recently gotten a few vintige SDFM toys from ebay, and while thier overall condition is quite good, they are dusty and some of the whites are a bit dull.

Is there any safe way to clean all the little nooks and crannies of the dust and brighten them up without destroying paint apps and stickers?

For that matter is there a site like reprolables.com that have repro lables to replace the peeling ones?

thanks

I'd use a very fine big headed makeup brush. you can get them from the places women buy make up etc for a few $£ .Works for me.

Now comeon.......you know you don't use those for cleaning your toys. ;)

:ph34r:

Don't make the mistake I did - my local toy shop also sells art supplies and I was looking for a brush to keep dust off. I picked one out and took it to the counter. The assistant looked at me curiously, and then said "Er... you know thats a horsehair art brush that costs 25 pounds, don't you?".

No wonder artists are always portrayed as being poor...! :lol:

ha! i don't have to clean them, i got an air purifier and an ionic breeze in the same room as my macross stuff.

i was thinking about moving them(AP and IB) to the living room and getting one of those Oreck purifiers instead. i hear good things about them, more so than the ionic breeze.

Now comeon.......you know you don't use those for cleaning your toys. ;)

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! dont tell anyone

Seriously added to compressed air they are unbeatable except by actual dirt from mucky childrens fingers.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! dont tell anyone

Seriously added to compressed air they are unbeatable except by actual dirt from mucky childrens fingers.

I think I will try those then....for my collectables......yeah......that's what I'll use them for ;);)