SDF-1 Fanmodel

Nausica

ok i have no idea if im writing in the correct forum thread!

but here goes.....

im kinda new to this forum business so plz bear with me! :unsure:

ok anyway... well i have made a custom version of the SDF Macross which

is a cross breed between DYRL, PLUS and the initial SDF-2 (post Megaroad/Megalord)

well and i really really want a comment or something on it... so...

oh uh hmmm wait.. u cant comment on something u cant see lol

so a couple of pictures are also here to sprinkle this dull post with some life :)

oh and btw the model/figure was made from memory...

materials: cardboard and melting glue.

oh and no comment on the painting of it.. lol im a terrible painter :p though i looks kinda animish^^

*EDIT*oh lol i took a look around on the other from scratch builders, and i can only assume that i realy lack skills :S

so i will just make a quick statement: the building and painting of my model only took 3 days.. so bear with me :/ !!!*EDIT*

post-7048-1199850651_thumb.jpg

post-7048-1199850863_thumb.jpg

post-7048-1199851106_thumb.jpg

post-7048-1199851368_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nausica

Nice. Looks like you had a fun build.

hehe yeah thx xD well it wasnt supposed to be a model of SDF-1 at first.

i was just bored and i was aimlessly glueing cardbord together...

and this is wat eventually popped up xD

*EDIT* oh can anyone tell me what materials would be good for building models as i might take up this aspect of my boring life:O *EDIT*

Edited by Nausica

For a three day build with cardboard, that is a great result. Your basic skills look quite strong. It looks like focusing a little more on the finishing details is the only area you need to work on some more.

If you want to progress with your scratchbuilding, you can begin to use sheet styrene instead of the cardboard and model (solvent type) cement for assembly.

As long as your having fun, then that is what the hobby is for. Keep up the great work!

Oh yeah! Welcome to MW!

Edited by jardann

Nausica,

I'm not much of a modeler myself (excepet when I am posing as a model :ph34r: ) but for cardboard and melting glue as your materials......FANTASTIC JOB!!! Also the painting really isn't bad at all. Again....alot better than I could do. GREAT JOB once more and keep up the awesome work mate.

Welcome to the boards Nausica (I never thought I'd say that). That looks really good for a three day build and your choice of materials. I believe if you planned out and used more care, you could really make a professional looking model! I could never build anything scratch in that short of time. The texture on the one you made looks rough; that can detract from all the work you obviously put into it. You have skills. Try styrene sheet and shapes too. Great stuff! - MT

thx for the Welcome guys^^

when i get a better camera or better lighting studio

all take a few shots of the bridge of my model i think ull be kinda suprized!

(as i read on another thread flashlight obscores detail)

hmm id better get me some of those materials and put a little efford into the detailing

of my new project... (a very big ARMD SDF-M style) havent decided on which scale yet...

anyway thx for the great replyes :)

Edited by Nausica