Vintage Prices Falling

max

I've been away from collecting Valks for a few years now because something else had sparked my interest.

Anyways, I'm slowly getting interested again and it seems prices on vintage items have come down a considerable bit. Is this the way things have been going or is it something you think is just a blip . . . or is there annoucements of more 1/55's that I don't know about like a new GBP or something like that. :)

Any thoughts?

Reissues may be down but the vintage stuff has been going up for all I can see. I scooped up an Ostrich and a Strike when they went down after the 1/48s and reissues came out, but the prices jumped back up before I could score an Elint.

Vintage 1/55's hit their apex in 2000 and subsequently hit their absolute lowest in late 2002 - 2004, I remember seeing 1/55 Elints selling for $300, lol! Oddly, some vintages have slowly been creeping back up in value, it looks to be mainly the Fast Pack equipped vintages such as the Super, Strike, Elint and Ostrich. I don't think vintage prices will ever again reach the 2000 level, but if Macross F turns out to be a success (and that's a big IF) now may be the best time pick some up.