Macross The Movie "Gold Book"

rusted180

Hey pals where can I get that book? 'cause like it's name it must be pure gold!

E-bay is usually your best bet, they pop every few months or so, although I think less and less often these days, and don't expect to pay less than $200.00.

While I don't have a scanner, I can list what the Gold Book contains.

Going section by section, the book contains

1. Movie posters and their rough sketches

2. Color character roughs

3. Still shots of the movie scene by scene. Under the shots they include camera, music, sound fx instructions, song lyrics, and dialog.

4. Background images

5. Character design sketches

6. Mecha design sketches

7. Staff interviews and what I'm assuming is other background information.

They are getting harder and harder to find. I wish they would put out a re-print. The only one I was able to get didn't have the film sample. The poster is pretty cool. I had it framed; although, the the poster came folded obviously. There are still crease marks. Are they any tricks I could do to get rid of them or minimize them.

It is quite expensive, so I would honestly recommend it only for a die hard fan who has to have it. I personally enjoy collecting the books related to Macross as much as the toys. If you just want to have a cool book of sketches and technical type drawings I recommend picking up a Kawamori Design Works book brand new for around $30 online. There are also other art books and "entertainment bibles" floating around quite cheap if you like technical type sketches, etc. A lot of the books tend to repeat themselves regarding content, so you wouldn't necessarily be missing out on so much by not having the Gold Book.

The Gold Book is a good example of not hesitating to get something that you like. At least for books, a lot of this stuff comes around only once or twice. It's not like in the US were books are printed year after year. If you see a newer sketch or art book come out don't hesitate to get it.