Custom Jetfire

sqidd

I think I want to do a 1/48 custom Jetfire. Does anyone have some good pictures of Jetfire they could post for me? I don't have anything to work from.

thanks!

Damn.....I can't seem to find that thread of that one guy that did one a while back and then sold it on FeeBay for a ton of mula. I'll have to see what I can do for ya pal.

Here ya go mate.....you should find any angle you need here......JETFIRE

:ph34r:

FYI......the site is running a little slow for some reaso....so just be patient ^_^

Edited by misterryno

Grand Admiral did a nice one a while back, take a look...

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...&hl=jetfire

BTW, why is this not posted in the customs section yet?

added:

i'm sure if you need some more pics, he'd be willing to help you out.

Edited by do not disturb

I'm working on two right now. The Hikaru VF 1S is the best valk to start with, although the roy works as well. When painting you will need to at least rough up the surface of the tampo printing as the paint doesn't like to adhere as much to that. I suggest krylon fuzion safety red/ red pepper, Wal mart carries it. I'm doing two at the same time so that I can sell one to pay for the other.

Both of those are really awesome.

I've been checking back to see if the guy who sold the one on Ebay gets any feedback for the deal. That would indicate that the buyer actually paid and finished the transaction. Nothing so far. Even though it is a great custom, I can't believe someone would pay that much for it.

Both of those are really awesome.

I've been checking back to see if the guy who sold the one on Ebay gets any feedback for the deal. That would indicate that the buyer actually paid and finished the transaction. Nothing so far. Even though it is a great custom, I can't believe someone would pay that much for it.

If I had skills I would just make one myself. :(

Just use google with the image search option and you'll get loads of Jetfire images. If you really need some still I can photo mine for you in an nice white neutral photo booth.

Speaking of photo booths......do you know where I may be able to purchase a small one instead of having to build one???

Looks like I've been beaten to the punch. :D

Testors Guard Red is a pretty good match for the Hikaru red. That's what I used on my buddy's custom Jetfire. It comes in a spray can. You will probably want 2 cans. You will also want to use primer. I used Citadel white primer, but if you can find it, the Testors primer will probably be fine.

For my photos, I just have a couple sheets of white poster board tacked up so it curves down behind my photo subject. Then just make sure you've got lots of light.