Tatsunoko Production (Mospeada and Mach GoGoGo)

wwwmwww

This is a long shot but here goes:

(1) Anyone here have any contacts at Tatsunoko Production? These are the people that made Mospeada and Mach GoGoGo (aka Speed Racer) to name just a few. There web site is here http://www.tatsunoko.co.jp/. I'd love to ask someone there a few questions.

(2) Anyone here been to the Tatusnoko Museum in Tokyo? I've been told there is an item in that Museum that I'd love to see a photo of. I think this is the web site of the museum's gift shop. http://www.tatsunoko.co.jp/Shop/Shop_Museum.html

This is related to the chrome Mach 5 I was looking for here:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24089

I've been told this car was never for-sale. They were only given out in a lottery to promote the 1997 Mach GoGoGo remake. And to even enter the lottery one had to collect a complete series of cards and mail them into Tomy. My source of this info recalls an article in a magazine that detailed this lottery/promotion and had a photo of the chrome car and stated one was on display at the Tatsunoko Museum. Unfortunately he doesn't remember the name of the magazine.

So in short I've be really interested if I could verify any of the above. If Tatsunoko were to run such a promotion anyone have an idea which magazine they'd likely use? If anyone has been to the Tatusnoko Museum I'd love to know if this car was there. And heck, I'd love to see any pictures they might have taken while they were there. One of these days I'll have to make it there myself. I wonder if they have any of the unreleased Mospeada toys.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I wasn't aware Tatsunoko claimed to own a piece of Macross.

Anyways... here is another picture of that chrome Mach 5:

Chrome5.jpg

So anyone know where I might find a Tatsunoko or Tomy expert? Maybe another Forum someone can point me to? I'd still like to verify some of the information above.

Thanks,

Carl

Nevertheless, the point of the lawsuit was the international rights, which they never had ownership over.

That can't be entirely true seeing as they sold the rights and BW is still powerless to move product outside of Japan. Still, there's an entire thread dedicated to bickering about the legal issues none of us will ever fully understand and none of this helps Carl track down his chrome Mach 5.

Carl, did you ask Roger? Maybe in his hunt for all those Mospeada production items he got in contact with someone at Tats.