1/60 VE1 question

VFTF1

This is what really excites me about Yamato...or this is really what proves that I have very limited brain capacity:

it usually takes me a year to "learn" my Valks... case in point - my VE-1... 1/60... just pulled it ou, turned it into Gerwalk...displayed it...

But prior to that, I had wanted to simply display it as a fast-pack/ELINT-free VF-1.... and.... hey... looky...

Is it IMPOSSIBLE to do this!? Because as far as I can tell, the legs have nothing to attach to without the fast-packs...they are just left to dangle... theoretically, I could "leave it like that" ... but I've gotten so used to the 1/48s and how they stick together....

But I just can't imagine that ALL the 1/60S were like this... so why did they suddenly make the VE-1 unable to have its' legs attach to the body of the fighter sans fast pack?

VFTF1

There is that little metal part that sicks out and clips into the back of the Fast Pack part behind the calf so to speak... Well if you take off the FP then there is still a slit in the back of the calf for this to link into, right?

If you are talking about battroid pose you know that you have to take that piece of plastic out of the nose cone and attach the legs to the nosecone via those holes, right?

Maybe I misunderstand what the issue is but hopefully this will help a bit.

This is what really excites me about Yamato...or this is really what proves that I have very limited brain capacity:

it usually takes me a year to "learn" my Valks... case in point - my VE-1... 1/60... just pulled it ou, turned it into Gerwalk...displayed it...

But prior to that, I had wanted to simply display it as a fast-pack/ELINT-free VF-1.... and.... hey... looky...

Is it IMPOSSIBLE to do this!? Because as far as I can tell, the legs have nothing to attach to without the fast-packs...they are just left to dangle... theoretically, I could "leave it like that" ... but I've gotten so used to the 1/48s and how they stick together....

But I just can't imagine that ALL the 1/60S were like this... so why did they suddenly make the VE-1 unable to have its' legs attach to the body of the fighter sans fast pack?

VFTF1

I don't know the answer to your question....but you are wondering....why do the legs just dangle? Is there a way to make them stay up while in fighter mode without the fastpacks on? Those are his questions I believe. If I am wrong then sorry, but I think I may be right.

:ph34r:

Ok so I took 3 photos. I know that this is a Milia version but it is basically the same design as the other 1/60 VF-1s with Fast Packs and the Elintseeker is basically similar. I did not want to mess with my VE-1 because it took me ages to get it in the position I have it in now.

So, yeah without the fast packs there is still that slot to connect the back of the calf to the clip on the back of the jet same way as with the FP but you just have to make the leg straight and put in the slot first then connect the upper part where the air intake is and clip that in.

Here are some photos that may help. .. .

post-4840-1196036833_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1196036850_thumb.jpg

post-4840-1196036868_thumb.jpg

I tried doing that - and maybe I was doing it wrong - but I didn't want to apply "excess force" (the one and only time I did that with a Yammie was with Ivanov and that really didn't work out too well)... I'll try again at some later point... for now I've got him all nice and snug in gerwalk mode.

Thanks for the pics and info everyone!

VFTF1