The Anime Trivia Thread

areaseven

All right then, next question:

In episode 6 of 801 T.T.S. Airbats, what contest did Yoko participate in?

Time's up. Yoko participated in a ramen-eating contest.

Next question:

In Assemble Insert, what kind of product was the live-action commercial parodying?

Time's up. Yoko participated in a ramen-eating contest.

Next question:

In Assemble Insert, what kind of product was the live-action commercial parodying?

Time's up. The commercial was a parody of Lipovitan, a popular energy drink in Japan.

Next question, Jeopardy!-style:

A genetically-enhanced human wakes up from his cryogenic sleep to once again engage in a bloody war.

Time's up. The commercial was a parody of Lipovitan, a popular energy drink in Japan.

Next question, Jeopardy!-style:

A genetically-enhanced human wakes up from his cryogenic sleep to once again engage in a bloody war.

What is "MD Geist"?

At the beginning of Episode 16 of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, "Ag2O", the Tachikomas are singing. However, the song that they sing on the DVD release, "Akai Kutsu" (Red Shoes), is different than the one they originally sang in the TV broadcast. What was the song they originally sang?

At the beginning of Episode 16 of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, "Ag2O", the Tachikomas are singing. However, the song that they sing on the DVD release, "Akai Kutsu" (Red Shoes), is different than the one they originally sang in the TV broadcast. What was the song they originally sang?

In case anyone was wondering, the answer was "Dona Dona", which IMHO was the more appropriate and somber song for the Tachikomas to sing than "Akai Kutsu".

Time's up. Since the 48-hour limit has passed, it's a free-for-all. So I got the next question:

In the final chapter of Gunbuster's New Science Lesson, what does Noriko do while reciting the planets?

Cosplay as Sailor Moon characters, the inner senshi and Tuxedo Mask. (The Outer senshi wern't around yet). This lesson was filmed 6 years after the original Gunbuster, Gunbuster predates Sailor Moon by a number of years itself.

Edited by lord_breetai

Cosplay as Sailor Moon characters, the inner senshi and Tuxedo Mask. (The Outer senshi weren't around yet). This lesson was filmed 6 years after the original Gunbuster, Gunbuster predates Sailor Moon by a number of years itself.

IPB Image

Your turn, lord_breetai.

I`m not sure about other posters but I dont watch much anime besides Macross. Can this be a Macross trivia thread?

You can always start one in the "Movie and TV Series" section of the forum, if you want a Macross-specific trivia thread.

During episode 26 of Mai Otome, there were blatant and obvious references to another Bandai Sunrise anime which included some "poses" as well as a remix of an insert song. Which anime was it referring to?

Its "Gundam Seed Destiny".

Areaseven the default guy, take it away. :p

Actually, since the 48-hour limit expired, it's a free-for-all. Normally, I'd have you post another question, but since you offered first, here it goes:

What American music artist is featured on a poster in episode 4 of Gunbuster?

Actually, since the 48-hour limit expired, it's a free-for-all. Normally, I'd have you post another question, but since you offered first, here it goes:

What American music artist is featured on a poster in episode 4 of Gunbuster?

Van Halen and Jimmy Hendrix I believe

I know it's one of two... But I can't quite remember.

I'm going to say Van Halen.

If it's not him... then it's the other one I'm thinking of. <_<

Van Halen and Jimmy Hendrix I believe

IPB Image

Van Halen was featured on episode 5. Try again.

Edited by areaseven