Hey Sulaco Drop Ship Fans, check this out.

sqidd

I went to my friend’s machine shop yesterday to make some tooling for my business and took my Dropship with me. When I was there I grabbed these couple pieces of scrap and put this display stand together. Next time I go to the anodizer with a batch of stuff to get done (I do a lot of anodizing of suspension components before re-assembly) I will have the stand pieces done in satin black. Wadda ya think? Not bad for 20 minutes of work and scrap pieces? Keep in mind the surface is not “finished” yet. I didn’t so much as take a Scotch Brite pad to the base to clean it up.

I was going to make it with a carbon fiber post and then do a base that was very angular and faceted and then was going to “trim” the base with carbon fiber plates held on by very small socket head cap screws (titanium of course). My buddy made the argument that the goal is not to make a super trick stand and therefore take attention away from what is being displayed. A very good argument, hence the simple stand. What do you guys think of that?

Sulaco_Drop_Ship.JPG

say sqidd, you're a road racing nut.. have you ever heard of the TT?

The Isle Of Man? Oh yeah, that has got to be the most thrilling, dangerous, insane way/place to race a bike on the planet. 36 mile laps, 3 lap races, lap recored is somewhere around 125-130mph average! And this is on a course where there are 10mph corners when you are going through ton. I think they clocked the lap record holder (now dead, imagine that) at over 190mph in the mountain section! That area of the course is a simple two lane mountain road with no runoff, no marking, nothing. It's just a regular run of the mill road! I know a couple of racers I have worked with that have done it "just for fun". They told me it has as much to do with roadracing as flying an airplane. The IOM is where you seperate the men from the boys.

Here is a shot of John McGuiness going over the bei Ballaugh Bridge. He's dead too, but he died flying a helicopter......at the Isle Of Man.

john_mcg.jpg

You should come over sometime.. I'll take you out for a lap or two!!

If I were to make the trip I would race :blink: I can't stand being at any race and watching. I gotta get out there and tear it up! Fortunately/Unfortunately I am getting a little long in the tooth and I think the days of going balls out on public roads are behind me. It's strange how you are a boy and become a man.....and then apparently become a boy again :)

If I were to come over we would hook up for sure. I hear that week is one big party.

hell yeah.. 2 weeks of beer, babes and bikes. Mad Sunday is the day to go out.. there is usually jhno races and they make the mountain section one way only, NO SPEED LIMITS AT ALL!!! saying that though, we have no national speed limit anyway, so once you get of the towns you can pretty much go as fast as you like.

Nice! I'd like to own one, but man they're pricey.

Anyone ever own/see one of those MicroMachines Sulaco Drop Ships? I haven't been able to find a picture of one out of the box.

I have not seen the Micromachines one. But I just found this picture. Looks pretty good to me.

3866_1.JPG