zentraedi capital ship models

rowlund

Hi All!

I was looking around our area and saw some model kits of zentraedi capital ships. They are in 1/20000 scale if I 'm not mistaken, and I really can't recall anymore who the manufacturer was. Anyways....I'm thinking of buying them but just wanted to ask those who have these and have built them a few questions before I go ahead and buy them. First off, are these snap on kits? or is glue required to assemble them. Also for the decals, are there stickers included? Your help is very much appreciated.

Hi All!

I was looking around our area and saw some model kits of zentraedi capital ships. They are in 1/20000 scale if I 'm not mistaken, and I really can't recall anymore who the manufacturer was. Anyways....I'm thinking of buying them but just wanted to ask those who have these and have built them a few questions before I go ahead and buy them. First off, are these snap on kits? or is glue required to assemble them. Also for the decals, are there stickers included? Your help is very much appreciated.

The manufacturer is ARII, requires glue, and does come with details.

If you are looking for something larger Scale Solutions has a resin Zentraedi Commandship that looks pretty good.

They are quite horrible little kits. They're made by Arii, not snap kits and the fit isn't very funny on some ships. All kinds of dents that need to be puttied etc. They are far from accurate also. But nonetheless they can be built to look ok if you're not too picky.

Edited by Sdf-1

The Zentraedi capital ships didn't get much in the way of looks. They pretty much all look like green turds. The creative juices must have stopped flowing shortly after the SDF-1 and VF-1 were inked.

That's a fairly un-informed remark. :huh:

Especially given how nearly every design was reworked several times(take a look at the concept work from Perfect Memory). Also the Human forces were made side by side with the Zentraedi and both had a specific role to fill out personable "Hero" designs and unlikable "Bad Guy" designs.

The fact that people associate the Zen ships with turds tells me that they very much got the reaction that they wanted. "Hate the Bad Guy. Love the Heroes!" ^_^

I've got all the kits personally just because "I had to." They're like the old video game cartridges. The box art looks cool like two tanks dueling it out. Then you play the game and it's like two blips firing cursors at each other. I think the Capital ship is the most disappointing personally. Personally, I just bought them for my collection (and the tiny SDF-1 inside). - MT

Edited by MechTech

• 5 weeks later...