Nousjadeul-Ger and Queadlunn-Rau models

Justiciar

The Destroids for my 1/285 scale project are just about done (files at the 3D printers) and I thought I would do Zentradi next. The Series and DYRL versions of the Q-Rau are pretty much the same. As near as I can tell the only real difference is in coloring.

The N-Ger, OTOH, is pretty different from Series to DYRL. So my question to you is about how I should proceed with the N-Ger.

1) Hybrid, best features of each

2) One or the other, but accurate

3) Model each one accurately

That's pretty much my preference. I don't really want to do both simply because I doubt there's enough interest to warrant the extra cost. But I thought I would put the question to you guys.

Size-wise, these figs in 1/285 would be ~59mm tall (~2 3/8 inches).

the Q-raus between the 2 movies have slight differences, specially in the head and antennas. But nothing a little of "make up" painting couldn't do at that scale..

I also do prefer the DYRL version better..but I would surely not like a hybrid of them and rather have either one or the other on its original version...Long time ago in a galaxy....I did a hybrid using the bandai/144 scale conveting it to a DYRL version ..it looked more like a gudam mecha than a Macross one.

Also in case you didn't know there are different camo-painting schemes on each of the versions...

the Q-raus between the 2 movies have slight differences, specially in the head and antennas. But nothing a little of "make up" painting couldn't do at that scale..

I also do prefer the DYRL version better..but I would surely not like a hybrid of them and rather have either one or the other on its original version...Long time ago in a galaxy....I did a hybrid using the bandai/144 scale conveting it to a DYRL version ..it looked more like a gudam mecha than a Macross one.

Also in case you didn't know there are different camo-painting schemes on each of the versions...

As you noted, the Q-Rau's differences are negligible. Painting schemes are utterly irrelevant to how the model is built. Not sure why you'd be concerned about that, since they're obviously not going to be pre-painted. I'd like to see your conversion, because I think you'd have to try real hard to make it look like Gundam. If I were to do just one, it'd probably be the Series version because the DYRL version is a shapeless blob (an exaggeration, of course, but it has very poorly defined lines).

As you noted, the Q-Rau's differences are negligible. Painting schemes are utterly irrelevant to how the model is built. Not sure why you'd be concerned about that, since they're obviously not going to be pre-painted.

He is saying that there ARE structural differences in the series and movie Q-raus, but that at the small scale you are talking about you might be able to hide them with clever use of paint.