Is this Macross?

B-52 GUNNER

I don't know what series this picture is from but the guy looks alot like Hikaru.

Anyone know for sure?

Scot :huh:

I think it's the end of Robotech the Movie aka "The Unknown Story". Cannon, the company who distributed the film, didn't like parts of the movie. So Southern Cross animation was added with the existing Megazone 23 footage to make it more battle friendly. It changed the feel of the movie; HG commisioned Artmic, who did the original Megazone 23 anime, to animate a brand new ending. Megazone 23 didn't end that way. Where did you get it? I've been looking for anything about Robotech the Movie for years. Here's a link to give you a review of the movie:robotechmovie

Edited by terry the lone wolf

I think it's the end of Robotech the Movie aka "The Unknown Story". Cannon, the company who distributed the film, didn't like parts of the movie. So Southern Cross animation was added with the existing Megazone 23 footage to make it more battle friendly. It changed the feel of the movie; HG commisioned Artmic, who did the original Megazone 23 anime, to animate a brand new ending. Megazone 23 didn't end that way. Where did you get it? I've been looking for anything about Robotech the Movie for years. Here's a link to give you a review of the movie:robotechmovie

I've never seen the Robotech Movie edit of Megazone, but I do know the extra animation bit was tacked onto the beginning of Macek's unreleased dub of part II (a bootleg copy of that was one of my first introductions to anime). It does use the part I character designs.

I've never seen the Robotech Movie edit of Megazone, but I do know the extra animation bit was tacked onto the beginning of Macek's unreleased dub of part II (a bootleg copy of that was one of my first introductions to anime). It does use the part I character designs.

Macek could've used the scene for both the Robotech Movie and the Megazone 23 prt. 2 dub. I think either HG or Streamline did release Megazone 23 without any reference to Robotech. Also, Robotech the Movie was shelved and was hardly seen by anyone. He could've utilized the footage from the movie and added them on the part 2 dub. A few years ago I saw the comic adaption of the Robotech movie; the last panel ended the same way as the picture above. Remember, Carl Macek is the "King of Edits". :D:D

Going through some of my video game magazines for a garage sale, I saw a VHS of Megazone 23 being sold in one of the magazines, released by Orion.

Cool picture though. A happy ending ^_^ I may just be blanking out, but who's that guy with the black haired girl? I know who she is, and I remember in the end of the movie she got a call from here dad, but is that her dad? I thought he looked different...

Going through some of my video game magazines for a garage sale, I saw a VHS of Megazone 23 being sold in one of the magazines, released by Orion.

Cool picture though. A happy ending ^_^ I may just be blanking out, but who's that guy with the black haired girl? I know who she is, and I remember in the end of the movie she got a call from here dad, but is that her dad? I thought he looked different...

In the Robotech dub, her name is Stacy Embry. The man is her father Minister of Defence Daryl Embry. Go to the link I posted above read the review of the movie.

I was going through all the crap I saved as a kid and came across a 1988 Robotech Calendar. That was one of the screen shots and I thought it might have been Hikaru (Rick) and Misa (Lisa Hayes).

They look real close to those characters.

Scot

I was going through all the crap I saved as a kid and came across a 1988 Robotech Calendar. That was one of the screen shots and I thought it might have been Hikaru (Rick) and Misa (Lisa Hayes).

They look real close to those characters.

Scot

In Robotech, their names are Mark Landry and his girlfriend Becky(sorry, I don't know her last name.). In Megazone 23, it's Shogo and Yui. Carl Macek intended Mark to be a "cousin"(?) of Rick's. Maybe because he looked so much like him. Also, the same animators who worked on Macross did Megazone 23. Hal Mikomoto, the character designer of Macross, also did the character designs. To me, Yui and Eve always seemed more close to Lynn Minmay but not to Misa.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Yes it is MEgazone.

Remember our friends from HG use this animation for their Robotech II movie... Maybe that is why some people may get confused.

Megazone have some COOL MECHA!

Indeed. The Garland is Badass!

~G25

That's Yahagi Shogo and Takanaka Yui.

In the corner is Yumekanoh Mai and her father Yumekanoh Genzo.

The additional footage was made for Robotech The Movie: The Untold Story, which is a combination of Megazone 23 part 1 cut up, reused Southern Cross footage, and the happy ending. Robotech The Movie is not Robotech II.

Megazone 23 Part 1 ends with BD beating Shogo, but Shogo limps away. In Robotech The Movie, he goes back, steals a mecha, and defeats BD.

The footage was then added to the beginning of Megazone 23 Part 2 English Version as an omake with different music and narration. Megazone 23 Part 2 English Version was dubbed with the Harmony Gold/Intersound voice actors, but it's not the Robotech movie.

The character designs are by Toshihiro Hirano, except EVE by Haruhiko Mikimoto.