another elintseeker in ebay

elintseeker

elintseeker in ebay

i wast watching it 5 minutes before it ends, and i'm quite surprised with all the sniper that around,

when the timing left 30 sec, from $620.99 can jump up until $1026.75....wow!!

anyway price of the elintseeker is slightly cheaper now...another 2 or 3 auctions, i think it will go back to $800 fo MIB one, is it posible? :)

just want to share with fellow collectors here

Man, that one has some funkiness with its stickers too... Mine is as mint as mint gets... wonder how much I'd score?

These things fluctuate, it'll probably drop down in some time. Usually things tend to get pricier around the holidays though and then drop off a lot toward May... as summer approaches and people spend less time in front of the computer.

I have been tracking the sale prices of vintage 1/55 valks for a while now and I have noticed an increase in price in the Elintseekers and SuperOstriches over the past three months. This particular VE-1 had the stickers applied which usually detracts from the price, but it still cleared $1,000. There's another Elintseeker that was packaged with Jetfire armor and I will be interested see how much that one ends for.

Before Yamato's 1/60s & 1/48s and Bandai's 1/55 reissues, both the VE-1 and VT-1 sale prices peaked at between $1,500 and $2,500. There was a low about a little over a year ago where the could both be had for between $700 and $900. Currently they have creeped back into the $1,200 to $1,400 range.

I still feel lucky to have picked up my complete and unused VE-1 for $900 shipped; it is one of my most prized posessions. I just wish I could have gotten a minty white VT-1 to go with it.

I often wonder if Yamato ever looks at the resale value of the two seater 1/55`s, surely they must think if people are willing to spend $1000+ on a toy that is 20 years old and not that good a representaion of the product, what would they do for a more acurate and bigger 1/48 one.

Then I wonder why Bandai just dosent release some reissued versions with slight tweaks they did for the other 1/55 reissues. If they made them noticably different to the originals then this would not devalue the originals.

I have never got one but I have a recasting of the Super O and hopefully a VE when it eventually comes. But originals would kick ass.

Edited by big F

I often wonder if Yamato ever looks at the resale value of the two seater 1/55`s, surely they must think if people are willing to spend $1000+ on a toy that is 20 years old and not that good a representaion of the product, what would they do for a more acurate and bigger 1/48 one.

I think Yamato did take notice of the Elintseeker and Super Ostrich, which is probably why they released them as 1/60 scale toys back in 2003. While I have no sales figures, I think it's safe to say that they didn't sell too well for a number of reasons. When the topic of two-seater 1/48's was discussed, I'm sure Yamato thought "poor sales of the 1/60 versions + increased cost to re-tool the 1/48 molds = no deal." This is all based on my hunch that the 1/60 two-seater versions didn't sell too well, if someone has figures saying otherwise then please do share.

Then I wonder why Bandai just dosent release some reissued versions with slight tweaks they did for the other 1/55 reissues. If they made them noticably different to the originals then this would not devalue the originals.

Haven't you heard? Bandai hates Macross! :lol: Seriously though, I believe Bandai planned to reissue them back in 02' but since sales of the other 1/55 reissues that year didn't meet Bandai's expectations, reissues for the 1/55 Elint and SuperO were canned. Again, this is all speculation on my part.

Any reissue, even with tweaks, will hurt the value of the originals. A 1/48 version by Yamato would hurt the value also. The 1/60 versions were amongst the last 1/60s to arrive weren't they? Wasn't the 1/48 already out when they were issued?

The question then needs to be asked,

"Do you collect the macross toys as an investment to sell them later or do you collect them for their own value as great toys (& works of art)?"

No offense to those of you who do collect as investments and money making ideas are involved. I can respect that.

However, I personally do not give a rats tushie if my yamato VE-1 declines in value to $3.00 because I am keeping it for my own enjoyment. And I would be very happy if Yamato produced a 1/48 version because I would enjoy that one too. However as Graham has said over and over and over again (with great certainty and confidence), they WILL NOT. But if CMS or Megahouse or Bandai or Kaiyodo or anyone else makes one then that would be great IM(NSH)O. It is a beautiful design and I would enjoy many different variations on that.

Another Qestion would be, "Did the Bandai reissue of the VF-1 line decrease the value of the original Takatoku or Bandai releases very much?"

I think that many people still want the originals regardless of there being a reissue or not. I understand that until the Yamato VE-1 Came out the original Bandai was the only option other than the models and that it's release temporarily decreased the value of the original so it is interesting to see that the value of the original is once again raising.

Old takas used to go for $500, now they go for $150, so all the new VF-1 toys definitely did reduce the value. You also got to think Miriya, for all the people who own the toys already, what do they care if others get one? For them the value of what they already own is more important than the fact many people want what they have. It's not so much a matter of buying toys as an investment at that point but simply a matter of not feeling like their money was wasted unneccessarily. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, just that it comes down to more than the question you posed. Personally, I never thought the old 1/55s were worthy of reissue... great old toys and all but they should have been modernized as Yamato did... not simply had more released. So I don't want to see reissues of the Elint or SuperO... maybe it's 'cause I already have them... but I think it's more because I would rather see much better versions than dusted off reproductions.

Yeah, the 1/60 Elint and SuperO were the last 1/60 VF-1's to arrive and by the time they came out the first the 1/48's had already debuted.

and all the fans runaway to 1/48 :)

but guys, do you play with your 1/60 elint, or just sit nicely in your display glass??

used to have vf-1a 1/60, and when i transforms a few times, the joins start to loosen and since that day i dont like and won't buy any yamato valk series...

I don't like the 1/60 VF-1 series by Yamato, the VE and VT are no exceptions. Still, they look very nice in fighter mode... That's how I used to have them displayed... there big bandai brother's in battroid with the Yammy 1/60s in fighter in front of them.

I don't like the 1/60 VF-1 series by Yamato, the VE and VT are no exceptions. Still, they look very nice in fighter mode... That's how I used to have them displayed... there big bandai brother's in battroid with the Yammy 1/60s in fighter in front of them.

wah, you have both bandai and yamato? :) should i have yamato one??

so there will be no more 1/60 series from yamato? or atleast will they re-run the ve-1 and vt-1??

If you absolutely need an elintseeker/ostrich fix, the Yammy 1/60 is essentially your only modern way to go. Unless Yamato is planning something really surprising, I don't think you can expect a 1/60 reissue or a new similar product.

but guys, do you play with your 1/60 elint, or just sit nicely in your display glass??

The 1/60 Elintseeker is purely a display piece. It's very play-unfriendly due to the unbalanced weight of the the boosters, radome, and inefficient transformation process of the 1/60 VF-1. Battroid mode is very wobbly and the only time I seem to be able to get it to stand up is when it's hunched-over because of all the added weight. The sculpt however is very very nice in fighter mode and battroid mode. My only gripe with the battroid sculpt is that the head is too small. Gerwalk mode is meh, the 1/60 VF-1 line never really got this mode.

It's not that expensive, usually selling for $70 - $80 so if you absolutely must have one then go right ahead. I highly doubt Yamato will reissue this one, and even if they do the current prices of $70 - $80 are still cheaper than the MSRP of $90.

The 1/60 Elintseeker is purely a display piece. It's very play-unfriendly due to the unbalanced weight of the the boosters, radome, and inefficient transformation process of the 1/60 VF-1. Battroid mode is very wobbly and the only time I seem to be able to get it to stand up is when it's hunched-over because of all the added weight. The sculpt however is very very nice in fighter mode and battroid mode. My only gripe with the battroid sculpt is that the head is too small. Gerwalk mode is meh, the 1/60 VF-1 line never really got this mode.

It's not that expensive, usually selling for $70 - $80 so if you absolutely must have one then go right ahead. I highly doubt Yamato will reissue this one, and even if they do the current prices of $70 - $80 are still cheaper than the MSRP of $90.

good point of view there :)

i love macross because of all the valk's fighter mode, battroids only for those got strike cannon :)

so if i have one, buy one, should i glue it for fighter mode??

good point of view there :)

i love macross because of all the valk's fighter mode, battroids only for those got strike cannon :)

so if i have one, buy one, should i glue it for fighter mode??

Noooooo! :p

If you glue it together opt for something you can remove if you want to later on .

clear double side tape maybe.

My 1/60 Elintseeker stays in Fighter mode just fine. I have never transformed it though but it is tight in fighter mode on a display stand. Right out of the box it was nice and solid and I figured that i was not going to transform it into battriod mode so just left it there. Maybe I got lucky though.

My CF is a bit wobbly even before I put some FP`s on it. Its was brand new still sealed in the box, yet my NSIB hikkie 1J was stiff as iron. 1/60`s were a whole random thing when it came to displaying.