VF-1 ?? Reconnaissance Version

sqidd

I have seen a few pictures of a VF-1 (I thik it's a VF-!) with a big AWAX lookig dish o top of it. I am assumig it is a reconnaissance craft. Very cool indded. I would like one for my collection. Who makes one? Yamoto? Are there differet versions?

thanks

Jason

You seek the Yamato 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker.

Macross World VE-1 review page

Otherwise there was an old 1/55 chunky-monkey release, although I'm sure it'll cost you a pretty penny.

Yes, exactly. Thanks.

Was this released a while ago (Yamoto)? I have not seen any being sold as new. I am guessing I will need to track one down??

Yes, exactly. Thanks.

Was this released a while ago (Yamoto)? I have not seen any being sold as new. I am guessing I will need to track one down??

Scratch the availability question. I just read the review.

thanks

Jason

Scratch the availability question. I just read the review.

thanks

Jason

You can still find them occasionally on evil bay. They typically go for around 80 bucks. You can also try Macrossworlds Wanted section. Maybe a member would like to part with their's!

If your into modeling you can pick up the Hasegawa kit. It's a nice kit I'm almost done with mine. The only problems is that it doesn't transform.

Edited by scand

You can still find them occasionally on evil bay. They typically go for around 80 bucks. You can also try Macrossworlds Wanted section. Maybe a member would like to part with their's!

If your into modeling you can pick up the Hasegawa kit. It's a nice kit I'm almost done with mine. The only problems is that it doesn't transform.

hahahaha...evil bay, i like that

try to find between collectors here, cus ebay price is just non sense sometimes :)

Tisinc99.com has them for $75. I`ve never had any problems with them but they have a rather hit and miss reputation.

Your really taking your chances with that company. The last thing I bought from them was a Hikaru VF-1S supposedly New in mint box. Well, after taken it out I noticed the head was floppy. No big deal, I can just tighten the screw on the bottom of the head. Well i could have if it wasn't stripped to hell and back. I've got a feeling they took a Hikaru vf-1a a placed a 1s head on it.

Your really taking your chances with that company. The last thing I bought from them was a Hikaru VF-1S supposedly New in mint box. Well, after taken it out I noticed the head was floppy. No big deal, I can just tighten the screw on the bottom of the head. Well i could have if it wasn't stripped to hell and back. I've got a feeling they took a Hikaru vf-1a a placed a 1s head on it.

If they did that, they would have also had to replace one of the wings. Was 001 on the wing, or was it 011?

3 / 4 of my VF-1s's have floppy heads, and I bought none from Tisinc :angry: A little bit of epoxy and shortening of the screws seemed to magically fix that :p

It's more of a build issue at Yammies Factory Imho.

Edited by Duymon

Thanks for the heads up Al Bundy!

I was watching a few on feebay that were going to end today and they were already right under $75. I'm sure they would have gone a lot higher in the last few minutes. I just ordered one off of the link you provided. You are Da Man.

That sucks. I took this into consideration. I would be pissed if that happened to me. But I checked and they have a phone number and an address posted. If I get screwed I can always fly out there and poke someoe in the eye :)

If they did that, they would have also had to replace one of the wings. Was 001 on the wing, or was it 011?

No it's skull 001. Unless the replaced the right wing. Somebody, was probably custum happy and wanted to see what it would look like on max. Either way it wasn't new :(

3 / 4 of my VF-1s's have floppy heads, and I bought none from Tisinc :angry: A little bit of epoxy and shortening of the screws seemed to magically fix that :p

It's more of a build issue at Yammies Factory Imho.

The head on the screw is shredded, I can't get any leverage to turn the screw out. none of my other 1/48s seem to have an issue. If your talking about the 1/60s though that's another story.