SOC Gunbuster or 1/48 Hikaru TV valk? VF-1J

Hello MW. I was wondering what you guys think I should go for the SOC GX-34 Gunbuster or the 1/48 Hikaru TV VF-1J valk? I recently bought the 1/48 GBP armor and was planning to buy the valk to suit it up in. However I also recently saw Gunbuster and fell in love with the giant mecha all over again and saw the SOC Gunbuster for sale. I only have enough money for one of them and won't be able to save up more money for quite awhile. I know the SOC Gunbuster is getting harder and harder to find at a decent price so maybe I'll go with Gunbuster and hopefully see that the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J stays in stock for a long while. Who do you guys think I should buy?

Macross above all! Get your priorities straight and you'll be fine. You gotta ask yourself if your more of a macross fan or a gunbuster fan. I'd buy that Hikaru VF-1J. :lol::D:p^_^

if you already have the armor.... ? wow. This is a tough one.

i'd go with the vf-1j b/c the gunbuster is bound to get re-issued. most SOC do.

ebay prices on the gunbuster are so high. unless you've got super deal on one go with the vf1j.

Edited by Macross73

SOC will definately get reissued if that particular model sold well. However, I just got some retailers' news that they are reissuing the Ideon first, not Gunbuster. And Gunbuster sold VERY well, much better than Ideon, imo.

Don't know why they are rereleasing the Ideon first, because SOC Gunbuster predates the Ideon about 6 months in the order of release - If this is any indication, one look the the SOC Gunbuster's detail and you can tell that it's a toy manufacturer's nightmare. So if Gunbuster gets a reissue, it probably won't be anytime soon. Buy it while somebody else is willing to part with it.

As much as I loathe the 1/48s, the 1J will probably have better play value. My SOC Gunbuster, while excellent and all that, is basically a statue. It's not a toy you will transform very often after the 'honeymoon period' compared to the VF-1. Just my 2 cents. :-)

SOC will definately get reissued if that particular model sold well. However, I just got some retailers' news that they are reissuing the Ideon first, not Gunbuster. And Gunbuster sold VERY well, much better than Ideon, imo.

Don't know why they are rereleasing the Ideon first, because SOC Gunbuster predates the Ideon about 6 months in the order of release - If this is any indication, one look the the SOC Gunbuster's detail and you can tell that it's a toy manufacturer's nightmare. So if Gunbuster gets a reissue, it probably won't be anytime soon. Buy it while somebody else is willing to part with it.

That is a real pickle. Gunbuster came a year before Ideon and yet Ideon is gonna get the reissue treatment first? I think I will try to pick up Gunbuster first then somehow work my way to the VF-1J. No willing to magically wait for Bandai to reissue something. GUNBUSTER HERE I COME!!!

That is a real pickle. Gunbuster came a year before Ideon and yet Ideon is gonna get the reissue treatment first? I think I will try to pick up Gunbuster first then somehow work my way to the VF-1J. No willing to magically wait for Bandai to reissue something. GUNBUSTER HERE I COME!!!

You're not in any real pickel. The SOC Gunbuster is practically a wonderful piece of complex transforming diecast metal and plastic jewel. It transforms and poses well. It really feels precious in my hands. I don't know where you're buying one, I just checked Ebay 1 minute ago - there is no SOC Gunbuster listed. If you can get one even if for slightly higher appreciated price than retail, you're concidered lucky some one is willing to let it go. Enjoy!

Well it turns out that I found a really cheap brand new VF-1J Hikaru 1/48 valk on ebay so I'll just try to save up for the Gunbuster some other time. So now I'll have an awesome looking valk to go into the GBP armor WOOT. Thanks for your honest opinions guys.