Found a 1/48 VF-1S

farmer_yohei

Hey, I am in japan and I found a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru Ichijo DYRL for about 12400 yen. I just want to know if this is too much for it or if its a good deal and I should get it?

HELL YES GET IT! ! ! !

I don't think you can beat that deal. . .

If it is the Red Stripe Hikaru VF-1S grab it man those are very rare! ! !

Yamato hasn't even done a re-issue of that valk (yet)! ! !

And for that small a price it is a deal you won't see even on ebay.

Check Hobby Link Japan, the price you found even beats them and they are still on back order.

Edited by DARKWIND

HELL YES GET IT! ! ! !

I don't think you can beat that deal. . .

If it is the Red Stripe Hikaru VF-1S grab it man those are very rare! ! !

Yamato hasn't even done a re-issue of that valk (yet)! ! !

And for that small a price it is a deal you won't see even on ebay.

Check Hobby Link Japan, the price you found even beats them and they are still on back order.

Nope. Yamato have rereleased it once.

It's not a bad price though.

Its like this, I haven't seen on ebay or any E-tailers selling it.

And I've been looking for a friend of mine who missed out on the TRU Japan set also.

And I've been looking for a friend of mine who missed out on the TRU Japan set also.

Really? Because I can find several. Still, the price seems decent (even more so since you don't have to pay for shipping)

YAMATO Macross Robotech VF-1S Valkyrie 1/48 Hikaru C9

YAMATO Macross Robotech VF-1S Valkyrie 1/48 Hikaru US

Macross Yamato Hikaru Ichijo 1/48 Scale VF-1S

Macross Robotech VF-1S 1/48 Valkyrie Hikaru Yamato

Yamato Macross Robotech VF-1S 1/48 Hikaru Ichijo MISB ($195.00??? :blink: )

there's still some at tisinc at frank and sons. These are still easy to find and yes these have been re-released once already.

Thanks for the correction guys. . .

My point being. . .

Since he is there and can get one in hand minus S+H.

He should do himself a favor and go buy it now.

At 12,400Y it is still cheaper than buying it off the net.

Let's see, (curently) 12,400Y=$102.46=Good Deal!!!

If there is one cheaper after S&H for US buyers have at it. . .

But if he wants to come all the way back from Japan, then pony up the cash via paypal, and wait give or take week. . .

Now about the reissue, that is another story.

If it happened and I didn't notice that's cool beans, but I bought mine when it first released.

It probably rereleased when I was in the gulf, so no big woop. . .

Edited by DARKWIND

Well, it was rather a long time ago, so that was probably the reason.

I haven't got one myself, I can't compare the quality. I worked hard and got all i need before they got scarce.

So what's this "red stripe" VF-1S all about?

Its the VF-1 that Hikaru flew at the end of DYRL.

About 18 months back I got the super hikaru and super max sets on sale (half price) for 10,000yen each at Japan TRU. Sold on ebay for $300 each.

Do you mean the 1/48 TV super max set?... The blue one? Are those still available in Japanes stores? :blink:

Do you mean the 1/48 TV super max set?... The blue one? Are those still available in Japanes stores? :blink:

It's possible that they were DYRL? ones too. TRU made their own big boxes to encase a FAST Pack box and a 1/48.

Like I said that was 18 months ago. Recently TRU here hasnt had any Macross merchandise at all.

I set them up and played around with them some before I sold them (didnt apply stickers), . Here they are:

IPB Image

You're talking about the same thing

So all this fuss is over the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru? I was getting confused over DARKWIND's post saying it was really rare. Don't really see where he's getting that from since he can be found pretty easily on e-bay... hell, I got two of them last year and they're not all that expensive, pretty average for a 1/48. They don't seem all that rare to me.

Either that or I've COMPLETELY missed the point... which is something I haven't ruled out yet.

So all this fuss is over the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru? I was getting confused over DARKWIND's post saying it was really rare. Don't really see where he's getting that from since he can be found pretty easily on e-bay... hell, I got two of them last year and they're not all that expensive, pretty average for a 1/48. They don't seem all that rare to me.

Either that or I've COMPLETELY missed the point... which is something I haven't ruled out yet.

Yeah we cleared all that up. ;)

My point was to get it since he found it and it would be minus S&H and no waiting.

So now we don't know if he bought it yet or not.

Edited by DARKWIND