Shoji Kawamori's OFFICIAL website now online

I'll tell you what's (not) surprising: He's played down his less than brilliant efforts for the crapshoot game OMEGA BOOST. Heh.

edit: I thought he left out OB totally but it still got a 1 line text mention, no pix.

Edited by drifand

I`ve been watching the new Nissan commercial here in Japan. It should show up on YouTube but its just the SUV transforming into "battroid" to get around traffic. Pretty cool

shoopdawhoop - that is an acceptable translation of the kanji used in the title.

Nevertheless, if you feel you can provide a better translation, here are the kanji used in the title:

超時空è¦å¡ž

aka: ultra-time-space-fortress.

shoopdawhoop - that is an acceptable translation of the kanji used in the title.

Nevertheless, if you feel you can provide a better translation, here are the kanji used in the title:

超時空è¦å¡ž

aka: ultra-time-space-fortress.

Not THAT much unlike super-dimensional-fortress, is it? :lol:

Seriously though, are such titles often used mixingly in Japan, in general, and for Macross in particular?

Perhaps even the kanji symbols are similar..

Edited by T.V.

Japanese titles never change. What changes is the translation.

It's not so much an issue of the Japanese words being different, but that no single one English word (or words) equal the meaning of the Japanese words (and vice versa being true too.)

therefore:

超 = the prefix for super and/or ultra

時空 = time-sky, space-time, and/or dimension

è¦å¡ž = fortress