Macross Zero Website Problems with Mac OS X

ewilen

I wonder if anyone else has tried to access the official Macross Zero website (http://www.macross.co.jp/zero/) using a web browser under Mac OS X. I've tried it with a variety of browsers: Netscape 7.1 (native), Safari, MSIE 5.2 (native), and the Gallery section doesn't work properly with any of them. Instead, I get a message saying that a Flash script is causing the page to run slowly. Aborting the script makes the Gallery go haywire, though interestingly it causes Hikaru to show up in the character list! Could be a remnant of data used to test the site...or it could be something that isn't supposed to be activated yet.

I just upgrade to Shockwave Flash plug-in 7.0.14.0, which I believe is the latest, but that doesn't seem to help. (Only tested under Netscape so far.)

i think this is what you're talking about.

sorry it's a crappy screen grab, but you're right - the name there is definitely Hikaru Ichijou. things that make you go hmm...

post-2-1066192808_thumb.jpg

Edited by lebhead

• 2 weeks later...

The question is though, which version? Will he already be a pilot like in DYRL?(if I'm remembering correctly) or will it be the TV series version of Hikaru where he's just an amatur pilot being invited to the launch of the Macross by Roy? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

You never know. They may make Shin a pilot in skull squad. In the movie it was obviously only Max, Hayao, Ichijo and Roy (unless there are more than 4?). But in the TV show the members of skull were never introduced, as Hikaru and his supporting cast all formed Vermillion.

I wonder if anyone else has tried to access the official Macross Zero website (http://www.macross.co.jp/zero/) using a web browser under Mac OS X. I've tried it with a variety of browsers: Netscape 7.1 (native), Safari, MSIE 5.2 (native), and the Gallery section doesn't work properly with any of them. Instead, I get a message saying that a Flash script is causing the page to run slowly.

Exactly the same here.

I could watch the videos with Windows Media Player though. I installed the japanese version because macross zero offers the link to it... then i copied the urls of the movies. It worked just fine.

but the picture gallery is NO WAY. Using OS 10.3 with powermac G4 - Safari or IE5

You never know. They may make Shin a pilot in skull squad. In the movie it was obviously only Max, Hayao, Ichijo and Roy (unless there are more than 4?).

Well, Roy is Skull 001, Hikaru is Skull 011, Hayao 012 and Max 013. We've some good slots between 002 and 010