How's the hasegawa battroid kits?

Knightdramon

The yamato jets are a bit cost-prohibitive for me, so I'm checking the smaller battroid kits that hasegawa made. The pictures on the boxes surely do make them look much better and well proportioned when compared to the yamato valkyries, but how's the overall quality?

How many articulation points do they have, and how do they look with minimal painting?

Thanks in advance

The yamato jets are a bit cost-prohibitive for me, so I'm checking the smaller battroid kits that hasegawa made. The pictures on the boxes surely do make them look much better and well proportioned when compared to the yamato valkyries, but how's the overall quality?

How many articulation points do they have, and how do they look with minimal painting?

Thanks in advance

Well my point of view put them very high they are easily the best produced plastic Valk kit that has been done so far. the only thing that I have found anoying so far is the nosecones dont line up to well and usually involve a certain ammount of filler and sanding and some pannel line rework. that said they go together well and as long as you cut em out neat and glue well there is not much filling and stuff needed. Some say the pannel lines are not deep enough but so far I have got away with it. Anime acuracy is good as can be seen with the use of "anime Magic in the form of smaller wings. They have taken to adding "authentic " details to areas not well documented. This is undoubtably due to experience gained from making plane kits.

In fact the only real problems I have found is they are just as adictive as Yammies, once you have made them all you`ll need some more to do customs. Oh and while your at it a spare one and fighter kit so you can do your self a Gerwalk custom.

Im sure some of the more "Uber" kit builders here will have a point or two to add.

Edited by big F

The poly caps used in the joints of the kit are only there to allow you to pose the model. The model and the joints won't stand up to any sort of playing. The pins that the caps locate on will break off with continual movement.

As far as how it looks with minimal painting, in a word Blah! It's not like a MG Gundam kit (which IMHO still looks Blah without some sort of finishing off), it does need a bit of finishing work to make it look good.

Thanks for your replies!

I'm not looking forward to playing with them; however, I am looking for a model that can be put in a lot of poses and look good at the same time. I'm used to painting kits to bring up details [got some practice with the 1/144 seed line in terms of painting] so it's not really going to be a problem. I hope :D

Hasegawa's done real good with the Macross line. They're affordable also.

They're not difficult to put together. Just give them the proper finish, and they look awesome.

My only wish is Hasegawa to produce them in 1/48... or maybe 1/32 scale. Mmmmm, the possibilities of a larger scale plastic valk kit. I'm sure Hasegawa can do it since they're a major model producer with tremendous backgrounds in aircraft kits.

1/32 scale VF-1 Strike model kit. Yum.

1/32 scale aircraft kits aren't that much more expensive either.