Question for Mac 7 experts

Zinjo

OK, I've always been curious about this.

From a strictly PC bio-weaponry point of view, what were the weapons of each of the EVIL series and their purposes?

Some are pretty obvious, while the purpose of others has eluded me. So I figured the best experts on the subject to ask would be the show's hardcore fans... ;)

Edited by Zinjo

Gigil & Valgo were early models, large heavy battle types. he giggling twins were also likely of the same class, though refined a bit, a first production model if you will. Gabil/Glabil was likely a first attempt at size reduction, a lager scale fighter with detachable small scale detachment abilities, for smaller battles/less power usage. Sivil seems to be the 100% refined model, all the power and capabilities of her larger brothers, but with a more compact size & asumed power usage.

For all intents capabilities of all these models are similar, large scale beam cannons, fold capability, barrier shields, etc. All major components of Protoculture technology.

Gepelnitch is the hard one to figure out, as whatever original capabilities it had seem to have been heavily modified by the possession. Perhaps the original design called for the creation of a black hole to whipe out large fleets as some sort of last resort weapon. But it could be assumed that this type also has the same capabilities of all the other Protoculture, but its hard to tell considering we only see space fold being used by it.

Unfortunately, the closest thing we see to un-altered Evil series is the Ginga Kujira, & AFOS, both of which share similar characteristics, minus the possession & energy obsorbtion. Although considering the Ginga Kujira do absorb their life energy from Zola, it could be assumed that they were developed after the Protodevelin were taken out, with some of that technology being borrowed back.

http://macross.anime.net/story/chronology/...0000/index.html

Seven Evil Series weapons of seven types including a highly mobile, humanoid "Sivil" for search-and-destroy functions and a super-scale, high-powered "Glavil" for fleet warfare are completed.

Sivil and Gavil would probably be considered scouts/infiltration/hit-and-run attacks. Glavil, Valgo, Gigile, Goram, and Zomd would be for all fleet-size engagements. Gepernich would probably be considered a WMD.

Well the ones I can clearly make out are:

Sivil = Search and Destory & covert ops

Gavil / Glavil= Anti-Capital ship weapon with recon scout.

Valgo = Anti-ship weapon capable of replicating itself as well as an apparent add on to the Glavil unit (however it isn't clear if this is because of the PD or if it were designed into the unit). Possibly designed for anti-fighter applications.

Gigil = Captial ship combat, with the capability of a kamikaze device.

Zomd & Goram = Capital ship combat, with advanced fold and regenerative capabilities.

Gepelnitch = Galactic Doomsday weapon? I agree nothing is really revealed about this particular model.

I managed to find a bit of what I was looking for at:

http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/protodeviln.html

as well.

I don't subscribe to the idea that the Ginga Kujira were "created", but a naturally occuring species in the galaxy. The fact that they produced usable by products was more of SK's enviromental themes as opposed to anything PC related, IMO.

Edited by Zinjo

Gigil = Captial ship combat, with the capability of a kamikaze device.

I'm sure all of them can self-destruct, only Gigil was crazy enough to do it. And we never got to see Gigil's abilities, because he committed suicide. Gepernich probably would have overloaded and blown (on a universal scale). The larger ones probably also have self-regeneration so it's probably not limited to the twins.

Valgo tends to be more anti-aircraft and fold inhibiting. The only thing we know about Gigil is that he's an anti-capital ship model.

Not necessarily. They could have been naturally occuring. Nature is more diverse than it sometimes appears to be - fish that can fly, etc.. Why not Galactic Whales that can enter Super Dimension Space?

Maybe we are looking at it backwards - it's not so much that the Protoculture created the Galactic Whales, but that the Protoculture were inspired to create engines that copied the natural abilities of the Galactic Whales?

Not necessarily. They could have been naturally occuring. Nature is more diverse than it sometimes appears to be - fish that can fly, etc.. Why not Galactic Whales that can enter Super Dimension Space?

Maybe we are looking at it backwards - it's not so much that the Protoculture created the Galactic Whales, but that the Protoculture were inspired to create engines that copied the natural abilities of the Galactic Whales?

That's the theory I subscribe to.

That the PC's tried to copy nature, which in turn lead them into bio-engineering and ultimately creating the instruments of their own demise.

Unfortunately, the closest thing we see to un-altered Evil series is the Ginga Kujira, & AFOS, both of which share similar characteristics, minus the possession & energy obsorbtion.

I think AIFOS is the Protoculture weapon against the Evil series since uses a human and his singing (spiritia). AIFOS in Mac 0 could be, like the different Evil series, a model for research and development of other Protoculture species. If the new species fail to develop the way it should, the AIFOS will destroy it.

AFOS could very well have been the anima spiritia tool against the Protodevelin, or at the very least one of them.

As for the Ginga Kujira, take this into consideration. They got their energy from Zola, a world tampered with by the Protoculture. The inhabitents had an overall cultture & art style similar to the Mayan of Zero. Just seems too coincidental for the Ginga Kujira to be naturally occuring.

AFOS could very well have been the anima spiritia tool against the Protodevelin, or at the very least one of them.

As for the Ginga Kujira, take this into consideration. They got their energy from Zola, a world tampered with by the Protoculture. The inhabitents had an overall cultture & art style similar to the Mayan of Zero. Just seems too coincidental for the Ginga Kujira to be naturally occuring.

If they are indeed an actual product of the PC then this "godlike" race would become as tired as the whole magic music beams theme of recent years...