Yamato's Fragile?

GobotFool

Calling it "minor problem" would probably be more accurate IMO! :p

Graham

There's enough people who have posted up with stressed/broken critical part assemblies which makes this more than a "minor" or isolated problem. Sure, there's a statistics argument to be made, pointing to number of units sold vs. number of reported problems, but let's get real -- not everyone who has one or more of these -19s posts replies in the forums and may not even be aware Macrossworld.com exists.

Obviously, the fuselage problem has appeared on Yamato's radar already, as Yamato's site has a clarified explanation of how to "break" the fuselage apart for transformation. Also, it appears (at least to me) from the pictures Yamato has used that the -19 shown has stress marks on the very parts in question. Oh, and Graham -- no stress marks on your 19s?

Edited by Wicked Ace

For me it's not so much that I am worried about it being major or minor but that I wish and prefer the toy to be designed to stand the test of time.

I so wanted to buy an mpc alpha, but never bought it because although they look really good in pics, they can be too dangerous to transform too many times. If there is any way to improve what is already good, I'll take the improved version all the time. Durability is important imo. Banpresto's can get away with this since they are cheap. But yammies are larger, more expensive, and therefore should be held to a much higher standard.

We'll probably still buy them, but over time I hope suggested improvements are made to get them as good as possible before release. No point taking risks and rushing. Tiny stuff like not having the gunpod straight are things that I hope get fixed in later releases.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker