Macross DYRL & SDF Macross Question

xsjado

Is the Super Dimensional Fortress Macross import Japanese PS2 game the same thing as Macross Do You Remember Love PS2 game. I've found the 3 disc DYRL PS1 game on ebay, but no DYRL for PS2 that i've seen mentioned a few times. I'm very confused.

Thanks!

Follow up questions:

Is DYRL for PS1 worth getting if I already have the SDF Macross PS2 game and RT Battlecry?

Will import ps1 games play on a modded ps2?

Thanks again!

Edited by xsjado

Is the Super Dimensional Fortress Macross import Japanese PS2 game the same thing as Macross Do You Remember Love PS2 game.

Yes.

I've found the 3 disc DYRL PS1 game on ebay, but no DYRL for PS2 that i've seen mentioned a few times. I'm very confused.

The PS1 game is completely different. It's a 2D side scroller shooter. It's really just two discs, the third disc contains a demo for VFX2 and Patlabor.

Is DYRL for PS1 worth getting if I already have the SDF Macross PS2 game and RT Battlecry?

Purely a judgement call. The PS1 version is a very easy 2D side scroller, but contains cinema scenes from the movie along with a few new ones. The rest of the games you mentioned are 3D.

Will import ps1 games play on a modded ps2?

Yes. Though some older mod chips that won't allow it.

Since we are discussing the Saturn version of the DYRL game I was wondering if any of you guys had a problem getting the disc swapping to work. I'm using an Action Replay Plus to play the game and I can't seem to get to the next disc. I get to the disc change screen but the system doesn't spin down and I not sure what to do.

Since we are discussing the Saturn version of the DYRL game I was wondering if any of you guys had a problem getting the disc swapping to work. I'm using an Action Replay Plus to play the game and I can't seem to get to the next disc. I get to the disc change screen but the system doesn't spin down and I not sure what to do.

Does the AR+ require you to lodge the CD door switch, so the system doesn't know it's open?

If so, I'd recommend unlodging the switch first.

If not... save, shut down, boot off disk 2, and hope the game works like I think it does.

Saturn version is far superior.

Yeah, now I remember trying to decide between the two back in the day. Ultimately I went with the Saturn version because EGM (are they still around) declared that version to be better visually.

As for the Action-Replay-Plus, I have the 4meg version. I have to pop open the system and exchange the first disc with the second one, and then restart the system from the Action-Replay. You should be able to boot up directly into Phase 6, the first section of the second disc.

Man, it's been years since I've played this game and on my 57" it's spectacular!

So I'm supposed to play through Phase 5, let the disc change screen come up and then restart the system? I'm not even sure how to exit that screen and save the game.

It's been a while, but once you get to the disc swap screen, open the Saturn lid as you normally would and replace it with disc 2. Close the lid, then his the restart button (not the power off) on the Saturn. The Saturn will boot and take you to the Saturn menu (or AR menu), then press the Start Application/Start Game button. Disc 2 should load up and continue from where you left off, no saving is required in between discs.

Exactly. I just played it last night to confirm the procedure, although I did save stage 5 before I went on to swap discs...

Edited by myk

• 3 weeks later...