How to (or should I) sand down thickness of 1/48 canopy

ghostryder

Anyone have tips/warnings on how to sand down the thickness of a Yammie 1/48 canopy? Specifically, I wanted to slim down the exterior sides (the bulbous part) to reduce the bloated look when viewed from the top. Looks like the interior was molded around a semi-circular section (more or less), and thickness was added to the sides to give the bulbous effect. I estimate as much as 2-3 mm to work with.

I was originally thinking of slowy wet sanding (rough to super-fine grit) until I got a smooth surface.

Yes, I know I'm asking for trouble ^_^

Anyone have tips/warnings on how to sand down the thickness of a Yammie 1/48 canopy? Specifically, I wanted to slim down the exterior sides (the bulbous part) to reduce the bloated look when viewed from the top. Looks like the interior was molded around a semi-circular section (more or less), and thickness was added to the sides to give the bulbous effect. I estimate as much as 2-3 mm to work with.

I was originally thinking of slowy wet sanding (rough to super-fine grit) until I got a smooth surface.

Yes, I know I'm asking for trouble ^_^

I'd say, try it on a recasted canopy first.

*I'll try to have these in January 2007.

Thanks for the heads up. They are not funky. I have two of the better ones just would prefer hard plastic. The gunnies are clearer with a thin coat of future... it is just the flexing part is kind of weird.

Double Hijacking.... F4V, cap did offer replacement canopies to people who received funky ones initially.... I dunno if its worth your time to ask him about a replacement still... but maybe.

Thanks for the heads up. They are not funky. I have two of the better ones just would prefer hard plastic. The gunnies are clearer with a thin coat of future... it is just the flexing part is kind of weird.

It's the either the reason or the mixture that are at fault. It's never the producer. ;)