Macross Plus question

Mersenne

SPOILER WARNING

I haven't seen the original mini-series version of Macross Plus yet. I wanted to know -- does Guld die in that one? He suffers a rather gristly death in the movie version.

I'll be getting the mini-series anyway, just wanted to know. Thanks.

Edited by Mersenne

Hm. I think a spoiler warning would be appropriate. Also, this is somewhat of a newbie question. (Not that I have the answer.)

You're right -- I didn't see the newbie thread, sorry about that.

Somebody close this thread, or delete it, please. I'll check the newbie thread.

Here's a question that I've been trying to answer myself: What are those things that Isamu and Guld eject from their Valkyries in Battroid mode before going back into fighter mode during their battle on Earth against each other? :unsure:

SPOILER WARNING

I haven't seen the original mini-series version of Macross Plus yet. I wanted to know -- does Guld die in that one? He suffers a rather gristly death in the movie version.

I'll be getting the mini-series anyway, just wanted to know. Thanks.

yes.

but it's quite different from the Movie-edition.

^_^

Here's a question that I've been trying to answer myself: What are those things that Isamu and Guld eject from their Valkyries in Battroid mode before going back into fighter mode during their battle on Earth against each other? :unsure:

They're shooting at each other, but they only manage to hit each other's FASTpacks.

Here's a question that I've been trying to answer myself: What are those things that Isamu and Guld eject from their Valkyries in Battroid mode before going back into fighter mode during their battle on Earth against each other? 

Those "things" they eject are the fold boosters they used to move from Eden to Earth, I believe.

Here's a question that I've been trying to answer myself: What are those things that Isamu and Guld eject from their Valkyries in Battroid mode before going back into fighter mode during their battle on Earth against each other? 

Those "things" they eject are the fold boosters they used to move from Eden to Earth, I believe.

Just to clear up any confusion:

When entering Earth orbit, they are ditching the Fold boosters. They are still in fighter mode at this time BTW (although we don't see Guld eject his, he was in fighter mode prior to following Isamu's lead of using the debris as cover, in which case he switched to battroid mode, etc....).

When in Earth, they are ejecting their fast packs as that's all those 2 seemed to be hitting.