Different between two Hasegaw VF-1S Vakyrie fighter release

kkx

I wonder if anyone know if there is any different between:

65705 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

and

65717 VF-1S Super/Strike Valyrie

The model section info said that the 65705 only have one micro missile launcher, so it can be build only as strike but not super.

But I checked page 2 of the instruction, there is clearly 2 micro missile launchers in the parts diagram.

If anyone have both kits, could you help with some details?

Thanks

I wonder if anyone know if there is any different between:

65705 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

and

65717 VF-1S Super/Strike Valyrie

The model section info said that the 65705 only have one micro missile launcher, so it can be build only as strike but not super.

But I checked page 2 of the instruction, there is clearly 2 micro missile launchers in the parts diagram.

If anyone have both kits, could you help with some details?

Thanks

For satarters Kit # 65717 is called simply VF-1 Super/Strike Valkyrie -- no 'S'.

Which gives you a clue as to what the difference is.

65717 has an extra sprue 'F' which contains the parts for the 'A' head - otherwise the contents are identical.

For satarters Kit # 65717 is called simply VF-1 Super/Strike Valkyrie -- no 'S'.

Which gives you a clue as to what the difference is.

65717 has an extra sprue 'F' which contains the parts for the 'A' head - otherwise the contents are identical.

Thanks Chas.

So trying to build the super VF-1J (for max and miria) using the 65705 or 65717 will not be possible?

Does the 65717 have the J sprue for the J head too?

If not, I must try to find some J head for fighter mode (maybe steal/borrow it from my other VF-1J hase kit).

I am 100% to blame for that glaring error in the main section's model page. I am the one who submitted the scans of the strike valk kit to Graham for inclusion in the main section.

You are right, there are two micro missile launchers not one. Thanks to you, I dug out my kit and actually opened the plastic wrapper and inspected the parts.

There are two.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused anyone.

So trying to build the super VF-1J (for max and miria) using the 65705 or 65717 will not be possible?

Does the 65717 have the J sprue for the J head too?

That is correct niether of these kits has the 'J' head. If you have the the VF-1A Super Valkyrie # 65704 that kit has the extra sprues with the parts for the 'J' head --sprues 'E' (x1) and 'N' (x2).

That is correct niether of these kits has the 'J' head. If you have the the VF-1A Super Valkyrie # 65704 that kit has the extra sprues with the parts for the 'J' head --sprues 'E' (x1) and 'N' (x2).

I am trying to build the super 1J of both Max and Miria (or Millia ? wonder which is the correct name for her?)version.

So, I will need 2 set of these for figther and battroid mode:

VF-1A Super Valkyrie # 65704

VF-1A Super Battroid Valkyrie # 65713

And if I am felling brave, I will need another two sets for gerwalk conversion.......

Sounds too ambitious for a newbie like me. :)

Thanks for the info and the gerwalk conversion thread is also very useful. I feel a bit more confident with a step by step to fall back on.

Thanks Chas.

I am 100% to blame for that glaring error in the main section's model page. I am the one who submitted the scans of the strike valk kit to Graham for inclusion in the main section.

You are right, there are two micro missile launchers not one. Thanks to you, I dug out my kit and actually opened the plastic wrapper and inspected the parts.

There are two.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused anyone.

No problem at all.

The model page is a big help for me. It is a good place to get some info when I plan to buy Hasegawa kits.

I wish it can be more complete.

Is there anything I can do to help to fill in some info for some of the kits ? I have some of the kits, so maybe I can provide some scans or something.