Removing Yamato stickers

CdnShockwave

Well, like the blundering shoot-first-ask-questions-later guy that I am, I went hog wild and applied all the Yamato stickers to my 1/48 VF-1 figures and, not even a year later, they're all starting to peel at the edges. Just curious to know if they come off easily? I've been tempted for a long time now to sticker up these babies with some Takatoys stickers but before I go ahead and order some I'd like to know how well the Yamato stickers come off. Any residue? Anything I should be particularly concerned about?

My favorite stuff is goo gone: http://www.magicamerican.com/googone.shtml

I haven't had it ruin any styrene stuff and I wash any residue off with off the shelf isopropyl alcohol it doesn't seem to mess with paint either. It;s probably fine for ABS then too! - MT

Goo-Gone is some what similar to Lable Remover, a product we use in the A.V and stage industry. Smells really nice and just makes the sticky residue not sticky and fall off, on a cloth. Wont eat plastic or remove paints or even magic markers. I cleaned my whole set of flight cases with it. They were as good as new. I also cleaned off the old stickers on some of my G1 Transformers with no ill effects.

• 2 months later...

Goo-Gone is some what similar to Lable Remover, a product we use in the A.V and stage industry. Smells really nice and just makes the sticky residue not sticky and fall off, on a cloth. Wont eat plastic or remove paints or even magic markers. I cleaned my whole set of flight cases with it. They were as good as new. I also cleaned off the old stickers on some of my G1 Transformers with no ill effects.

Goo-Gone isn't safe for the paint on 1/55 Jetfires.

It'll probably do it to the Bandai re-issues I don't know I haven't tried.

Also avoid the canopy. i got some on a canopy and it started to melt/fog

Edit : future Floor Polish to the rescue

Edited by Macross73

Goo-Gone isn't safe for the paint on 1/55 Jetfires.

It'll probably do it to the Bandai re-issues I don't know I haven't tried.

Also avoid the canopy. i got some on a canopy and it started to melt/fog

Edit : future Floor Polish to the rescue

MayBe this Goo Gone is a little more nasty than Lable Remover. Ill try and find out where we get it from at work.