Need help identifying an anime

Excillon

I remember seeing it about 12-13 years ago. All I really remember is that it had a teenage guy who had a yellow speeder type bike that could fly in space, and he hung out with a pirate looking guy with a beard and pointy ears. It was really good, and it's been driving me nuts because I want to buy it!

I remember seeing it about 12-13 years ago. All I really remember is that it had a teenage guy who had a yellow speeder type bike that could fly in space, and he hung out with a pirate looking guy with a beard and pointy ears. It was really good, and it's been driving me nuts because I want to buy it!

Was it possibly Birth/Planet Busters?

Was it this?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://www20.brinkster.com/pariahpress/lensman/anime.htm

http://lensman.freeshell.org/

Then it is indeed "Lensman":

"SF Shinseiki Lensman was released in Japan in 1984. Lensman: Kozûmosu no daisensô , a TV series, followed it from 1987-1989. Carl Macek's company, Streamline Pictures, dubbed the movie into English and released in America as Lensman in 1991."

Was it possibly Birth/Planet Busters?

Ding Ding that is the correct answer. It was remastered and released on dvd by ADV in 2003 under it's original name 'Birth : A War of Two Worlds'. It's a fantastic anime, a real visual treat that every 80's fan should see.

Before that it was released on VHS back in the early 90's by streamline and they renamed it to Planet Busters .

Here is the cover art:

IPB Image

Edited by Area88

I'm also searching for an old forgotten anime.

It's from like about 1984 and it's about a boy with some kind of robot that likes to eat banana's

to get superstrenght or something. The robot looks like a square tin can silver and read with small arms and legs.

It's from like about 1984 and it's about a boy with some kind of robot that likes to eat banana's

to get superstrenght or something. The robot looks like a square tin can silver and read with small arms and legs.

Hmmm, this is a little harder to identify.

Do you have anymore details that you could share?