Help with paint smudge on Yamato 1/48

skull001

Hi everyone, very sorry if this question has been posted before, or lying in some FAQ somewhere.

I would like to ask how can I safely remove production paint smudge (circled in red) without damaging the valk. Luckily (I think..) the underneath of the smudge is the base white but I am really nervous that if I overdo the paint removable it would damage this valk white, leaving some ugly yellow plastic or something (yeah, I'm that nervous!)

Those of you who have been working on 'bleaching' the Yamato 1/48 valks for customs, any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much for your kind help!!

IPB Image

Yep, I agree, using a xacto knife should fix it, but start at the base of the paint mark, and scrape using an upward motion, away from the plastic. This will not only hopefully take the paint off, but will loosen up the rest that possibly may not come off the first few attempts.

Hope that helps, If not, there are some light solutions you could use, but that's your best bet.

I just wish to say a big thank you to those who offered the advice, I went with the brasso option, being the timid type I am :p

IPB Image

Had to use q-tips and toothpicks to get into the nooks and crannies.

Anyway, thought I'll share some pics of my own in return. Not much of a photographer though! :D

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by skull001