fold booster scratch build

deadghost

hi guys, well I got sick and tired of relentlessly going around and trying to find a fold booster for my YF-21/yf-19

so I said I wont be a slave anymore and decided to start scratch building. I just completed my base and starting to add putty for the detailing and molding. I will post pics as soon as my work looks good, but I am not stoping their I am going to do a scratch build of the x-9 ghost. I am also thinking of doing recasts to be sold if their is any intrest. Other than that wish me luck, but it is one of my many skills. B))

hi guys got some good news & bad news. the bad news is that I cant get the texture to be smoth befor drying

the good news is that I got a base with details, and I managed to get claer resin for the interior glowing look.

sorry about not haveing any pics I keep geting problems while uploading them. al keep u guys posted

hi guys got some good news & bad news. the bad news is that I cant get the texture to be smoth befor drying

the good news is that I got a base with details, and I managed to get claer resin for the interior glowing look.

sorry about not haveing any pics I keep geting problems while uploading them. al keep u guys posted

IPB Image

IPB Image

sorry about the wait, please give me advice on keeping the texture smooth.

Well, what are you sculpting it with?

I use Aves Apoxie Sculpt for all that kind of stuff. It's a good, cheap sculpting medium, with plenty of work time.

It starts out pretty soft and sticky, and it stays that way for about an hour. You can do all your major shaping during this time.

After it partially sets up, that's when you want to do your smoothing and fine detail work, using some sculpting tools, and Aves' Safety Solvent.

And if it's still not smooth enough when it's fully dry, just use some sandpaper for your final smoothing and shaping. And if it's still not right, just throw on some more putty and try again.

By the way, some larger pics might be helpful :)

hi guys, sorry about the long wait. I am nearly done with the base and details was succesfull on keeping it smooth, next is the resin recast. And of course I need help, I bought the material and the liquid but how do I make the molds with such thin liquid. any ideas? -thanks ;)