Robotech Episodes after 36

Sevket_Erhat

Do you hate Robotech episodes after Macross Saga like I do ? I'm currently watching Southern Cross (Robotech Masters) series and I'm really bored with it.

I mean Macross Zero, SDF Macross Do You Remember Love, Macross Plus (my favourite so far) are all awesome. Why did they chose some disgusting anime series as continuation of Robotech series ?

There's gotta be like a pinned thread we could direct this guy to right?

Talk bad about MOSPEADA man, c'mon, do it. I dare you...

<heads into other room to sharpen knife>

Those whose franchises include Macross7 should not throw stones.

Edited by jenius

We try not to mention Robotech too much around here.

Remember: In pure Macross. . .

• "Protoculture" is not an energy source, it is the "culture" or civilization that pre-dated the Zentraedi.

• Minmay isn't nearly as annoying in Macross. And, more importantly, she can actually sing.

• The overall tone of the series is much more "adult" than the over-narrated "kiddy-ified" adaptation we see in Robotech. Further, the dialogue is much better because there is less "Superfriends" style exposition where the characters explain exactly what they are doing as if those watching are mentally challenged seven-year-olds:

Superman: 'Now I'll use my heat vision to melt the snow and put out the fire below.'

Rick Hunter: 'Now I'll use my laser beams to cut a hole in the wall.'

• "Robotech Masters" has nothing to do with Macross. It was a totally seperate anime in Japan called Super-Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross. Harmony Gold grafted Southern Cross onto Macross in order to make a series that was long enough to interest buyers in the United States.

• "The New Generation" has nothing to do with Macross. It was a totally seperate anime in Japan called Genesis Climber Mospeada. Harmony Gold grafted Mospeada onto Macross and Southern Cross in order to make a series that was long enough to interest buyers in the United States.
In most people's view here, grafting those other two animes onto Macross was a terrible disservice to the original anime. It would be like grafting Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and Star Trek together, and then altering things so that Luke was Starbuck's father. . . and Captain Kirk was flying around the galaxy looking for Luke.

H