Macross Wonderfest Figures

Mechinyun

Just got my Roy and Hikaru, man they rock. If you havent seen these, they are from the summer wonderfest, officially licensed by big west and limited to 20 of each. The box has a big west sticker the designers/producers and is black and minimal.

Here is a quick review of the figures.

Overall I am very impressed. They are very detailed all the everything is molded in, not just painted. The suit is made from a leather feeling material. The armor peices are made from stiff PVC but are flexible. I was worried that the chest computer wouldnt meet the shoulder armors like in the movie and artwork, but with adjustment its possible. The chest computer is cool as hell. There is a microswitch on the backpack which switches on two LEDS, one big one and a smaller flasher that goes though random patterns. They are very bright at night.

The figure they are built on is very flexible and all the joints are tight. The helmets are cool and detailed, I wish they came with a visor, but I am going to scratch build that part and paint it clear blue ^_^ . The backpack itself is crisp with detail and rubber hoses come out and retract that goes to the flight helmet. Both figures came with a extra hand so you can make them pose saluting.

The head sculpts. Roy is pretty decent, hikaru needs some help. I plan on keeping the helmet on anyway :) The hair is removeable and they are straight up bald! this is so you can put on the helmets. Pretty freaky.

Anyway here are some pix!post-4040-1158730207_thumb.jpgpost-4040-1158730223_thumb.jpg

Very nice score. The head sculpts might be a little off, but overall I think they look pretty cool. I really like the look of the flight suits, the chest plate details, and back pack features, and even the led lights. The helmet definitely needs the visor. I hope Popbox can pull off something similiar, but with their current head sculps. I hope they are taking notes on what can be done.