Konami's Busou Shiki MMS figures

wolfx

• 2 weeks later...

Someone wanted pictures? You get pictures! :)

"Waffe Bunny" has some faults. It shares with Microman a tendency for bits to fall off whenver you're trying to adjust anything, and it suffers from perhaps the worst fault any figure of this kind can have - loose hands that can only just hold the outsize weapons its provided with. (tip: each "fixed" set of hands has a small ring attached; remove that and you'll find that the hands fit better, although still annoyingly loose).

Theres also the whole "having to buy two kits to get one body" issue. Damn you, Konami. Damn you to heck.

On the other hand - its freakin' bunny-gal with a Vulcan cannon! Plus two very wicked swords for those "Deunan Nut" moments and a pair of pistols. It also looks nice with the magnum pistol from the "Devil Strarf" set.

Toy Engrish of the week - apparently MMS figures are "Customaize". :)

post-745-1161108967_thumb.jpg

Someone wanted pictures? You get pictures! :)

"Waffe Bunny" has some faults. It shares with Microman a tendency for bits to fall off whenver you're trying to adjust anything, and it suffers from perhaps the worst fault any figure of this kind can have - loose hands that can only just hold the outsize weapons its provided with. (tip: each "fixed" set of hands has a small ring attached; remove that and you'll find that the hands fit better, although still annoyingly loose).

As they are made of rubber, try twisting it as you push it in. I find this to make them alot tighter as it gets more grip on the inside. But when trying to get the hands to hold the vulcan with 2 hands, i agree it was quite a chore. The hands kept popping out.

PS: You have to remove the rings anyway when putting on the wrist pieces of the waffe bunny.

Edited by wolfx

wolfx, I found out about removing the rings after too much time spent fiddling trying to the hands in with them on - D'OH! :)

As for the Devil Strarf, its still mostly in its box. However, its various bits certainly look nicer in the flesh than I originally thought from seeing the photos.

• 10 months later...

I guess most people have dropped this toy line. I myself only have the 1st Angel and Devil releases but nothing beyond that.

But probably will be getting these.

http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/10...+Girls+Figures/

No pictures of the Sonic Diver mecha that they'll come with but should be cool. Btw anybody watching the Sky Girls anime? I like it! And it has Vic Viper doing a cameo in episode 7.

I guess most people have dropped this toy line. I myself only have the 1st Angel and Devil releases but nothing beyond that.

But probably will be getting these.

http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/10...+Girls+Figures/

No pictures of the Sonic Diver mecha that they'll come with but should be cool. Btw anybody watching the Sky Girls anime? I like it! And it has Vic Viper doing a cameo in episode 7.

I'm watching it.

Hopw many times did the Vic Viper show up in that ep before the fansubbers put in the (totally un-needed) translator note about it's origins, anyways?

Yeah i sorta thought it came out too late. LOL. They already mentioned the Vic Viper like a few times and 5-6 minutes later when it flies the reference text comes up.

I also thought that the pilot for Vic Viper's uniform sorta look like Dingo's from Z.O.E 2, another Konami game. I'm just waiting for a Solid Snake cameo. :lol:

Yeah i sorta thought it came out too late. LOL. They already mentioned the Vic Viper like a few times and 5-6 minutes later when it flies the reference text comes up.

I also thought that the pilot for Vic Viper's uniform sorta look like Dingo's from Z.O.E 2, another Konami game. I'm just waiting for a Solid Snake cameo. :lol:

Solid Snake flying the Vic Viper! Snake on a Plane!

Solid Snake flying the Vic Viper! Snake on a Plane!

*groan*

I almost bought the Bunny-eared Spec ops figure, but it was at a US comic shop and like 30 bucks so I didnt... looked real nice, just a tad expensive.

The Waffe Bunny's pretty nice but unfortunately its "addon" parts. You need to get a "naked" MMS body to go with it as it doesn't come with the basic frame. There's also a Waffe Dolphin....something like Navy SEALS kinda look.

Hmmm? It looked like it had all the parts in it... there was a torso and head and some parts in the display window on the box... it was a long thin box about the size of a toothpaste box...

Yeap. I have it so I know. What you thought was the torso is actually just a bust to put the head on. :lol:

A normal MMS figure is a box about 2 times bigger than the one u saw. The "toothpaste box" ones are addon parts.

any idea where i can find this:

http://www.konamistyle.jp/ecitem/item34468.html

Exactly where you found it. The naked MMS bodies can be ordered online from that JP Konami store. I don't think they ship outside of Japan though... or you can try Yahoo Japan.

Exactly where you found it. The naked MMS bodies can be ordered online from that JP Konami store. I don't think they ship outside of Japan though... or you can try Yahoo Japan.

i can't read it though, i can't buy from that site.

• 2 months later...

I have the Devil Starf, and the Angel Arnval and love them both. Sure it was a nightmare putting them together but once in a good pose they have stayed. I also got the wafferbunny thinking that it was a complete figure because the ebay seller I got it from made it sound that way and I was really bummed that it required a body.

Then knowing that the Santa Claus Tsugaru was an option kit I got that and put it on my Angel Arnval thinking that it would be bad ass, which it kind of is but I like the Angel Arnval better by herself.

The worst thing is that they do not offer the basic bodies in America and the ones I have seen on ebay cost almost as much as an Angel or Devil so why bother? The line is too expensive. I like the customizability and part swapping but the option kits are absurd all they need is a few more inches of plastic and you have a whole body but instead they make you buy a whole new figure. Probably one reason why it did not catch on so well.

Regardless of all this I just ordered the Ach "Misspeada" figure.

• 3 months later...

I had no idea that such a thread was made already! I really thought that I searched before making a post. Anyway, has anyone gotten Yda yet? Also, has anyone made any nice pictures from the Diorama Studio? Did anyone play the Battle Rondo? I often feel like there are not many people who even bothered to try the game.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25101

I really want ACH but there are so many Macross things I want more and limited as my budget is I have to prioritize. Also I was not happy with my last Busou Shinki purchase so I am kind of over it for now but I really like ACH and will probably end up caving in and getting her.

I really want ACH but there are so many Macross things I want more and limited as my budget is I have to prioritize. Also I was not happy with my last Busou Shinki purchase so I am kind of over it for now but I really like ACH and will probably end up caving in and getting her.

I understand exactly what you are saying. I really wanted both Ach and Yda, but at the end, settled for Ach only. I always wondered if I would have been happier or not with Yda. Regardless, I will tell you that Ach's helmet is not particularly well made. Often, her visor will "pop" off from the helmet entirely. Even though, one can easily place the visor back in, I just felt that the price paid was kinda on the expensive end, but I blame shipping. I do not usually pose my Ach with her battle gear, so the helmet thing does not bother me too much; I just have her riding her trike with no armor on.

Getting my Starf and Arnval into position was like herding cats. Those toys are just really hard to work with. Tiny bits and loose connections. I have set mine up into position and try not to even touch them if at all possible. I think you made the right desicion on ACH. IMO she is the better looking of the two. But then again I really like RED as a color.