1/48 Jet Intake Covers And Gun

tupalosa

I recently purchased a 1/48 scale Vf-1S , but I seem to be missing some parts.

There is no sign of the jet intake covers and I have trouble getting the gun to fit in the toys hands. It looks a bit different from the one in the manual, so I guess it's defective or something.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any spare covers and a spare gun and would be willing to send mail all the way to Finland.

i might have some spare intake covers, i'll have to double check.

Cool.

as far as the gunpod, its probably not broken, the stock slides back and the gungrip slides down and out.  check it again.

427363[/snapback]

Nope, already checked it. The stock does glide back, but seems a little wobbly. The grip on the other hand seems to be a part of the gun itself and does not move in any direction. It does not look like the other grips I have seen, and it does not fit in the toy's hands properly due to the angle the grip is in. It's almost in a straight angle to the gun itself...

Have you guys checked the inside of the box missiles? Sometimes people store the pieces in there.

That's the first place I looked.

EDIT: Are there supposed to be multiple sets of hands for these things?

Edited by tupalosa

All the "do you remember love" theme VF-1s and VF-1a only comes with 1 set of hands and they are folded and storged in the arms. They are pretty skinny and small.

All the "VF-1J" and VF-1a cannon fodders comes with 2 set of hands.

-The Original skinny small one

-The 4 swapable TV hands ( they are storged in the upper left corrner of your Yamato box.)

A set of recast tv hands will cost about $12.

Got any pics to show what's wrong with it?

427562[/snapback]

I'll take some as soon as I get home from work.

Edit:

Done.

Stock extended

As it was when I got it

Closeup of the grip

Another closeup of the grip

The stock works fine, but the grip looks like it is a part of the barrel itself and unmovable. I've tried brute force and ignorance, but I can't move it.

Edited by tupalosa

maybe it just me, but that doesn't look like a 1/48 gunpod at all. it looks like its from some other toy? :unsure:

as far as the missing intake covers, i assume you got it from some random seller on ebay? cause i highly doubt it came from yamato like that, i've never heard anyone with missing intake covers before.

side note:

keep in mind that if you're overseas, dishonest people(especially on ebay) are more likely to screw you over because they know you don't want to pay to ship it back. you're in finland so if i were you, i find one good vendor(i'd suggest picking someone from this site) and sticking with him. if you have any problems, they'll be more inclined to help you out if you're a steady customer and you don't have to worry about them trying to pull a fast one on you.

maybe it just me, but that doesn't look like a 1/48 gunpod at all.  it looks like its from some other toy?  :unsure:

as far as the missing intake covers, i assume you got it from some random seller on ebay?  cause i highly doubt it came from yamato like that, i've never heard anyone with missing intake covers before.     

I got it off Ebay, you're right.

I don't think I was ripped off since the seller informed me that the toy was in an opened box and he was not sure everything was in there. Now I'm just trying to find the missing pieces.

personally, i would never buy from someone who says anything in the ways of "i'm not sure, i don't know, i think" but thats just me.

i completely forgot to check on the intake covers last night, i'll try to remember to check tonight and shoot you a PM if i got the goods.

i don't have a spare the gunpod, you're on your own there. post a request over in the yamato service thread pinned on top of the "Toys" section of this forum. its a long shot but someone might be able to help you out.

personally, i would never buy from someone who says anything in the ways of "i'm not sure, i don't know, i think" but thats just me. 

Well, I was a _bit_ hasty there, but the toy was quite cheap compared to the others that were available, so I thought I'd take a chance. This'll teach me.

i completely forgot to check on the intake covers last night, i'll try to remember to check tonight and shoot you a PM if i got the goods.

i don't have a spare the gunpod, you're on your own there.  post a request over in the yamato service thread pinned on top of the "Toys" section of this forum.  its a long shot but someone might be able to help you out.

427729[/snapback]

Ok, thanks for your help.