5- Neon Genesis Evangelion

4- Robotech

3- Trigun

2- AKIRA

1- Cowboy Bebop

http://music.ign.com/articles/708/708910p1.html

Edited by Ladic

*Yawn* <_<

More present day nonsense. Or should I say popular culture nonsense.

425057[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. Hadn't we already concluded in the "best anime series" threads that these sort of polls only reflect current fad and trend more than any real quality?

The only way to get real results from these sorts of polls is to do them every year and see what keeps turning up, year after year. Then you get a sense of what really endures. Even then, you need to do a top 50 or even 100, 'cause the really lasting stuff tends to end up after the flavour of the moment.

To be a "Top <something> of all time", means that we have to start all the way from the beginning. That probably means when Astro Boy was still black-and-white. So this poll is too influenced by popular culture and too narrow. I just saw on Gamespot an article praising FF7 as the all-time game...which is certainly not true. That belongs to Astroids or Pacman, certainly not FF7. FF7 is good, but all-time good? I'll disagree to that.

What about pong??? Pong was fun and incredibly simple, yet played for hours. Kind of like bomberman on super nintendo. get 4 people and let them throw bombs at each other all day. i think that that is one of the most overlooked games of all times. If you couldn't have fun with that then there is seriously something wrong with you. And how come super mario never considered the top game. Have you played it recently? my friend drug out an old nintendo and started playing it again for sh*ts and giggles. It's funny, that in this day and age of GTA, or FF7 or Metal Gear Solid, or what have you, that one of the most difficult and one of the most fun games is still the original super mario bros game.

Hahah, speaking about old games, I have this friend that's an incredible old school Street Fighter II gamer that kicks my ass all the time. So I took out the Xbox, which I have MAME on, and challenged him to a game of Karate Champ. I took it back to the grandfather of 1 on 1 fighting games! I had him for a while with some spinning roundhouse kicks to the head, but he caught on after a while and still managed to instill some sort of feinting game with me with lunge punches to the nuts. You ought to try the game out again with a friend.