Plated VF-17 and Vf-19

Nitrous

Hi guys

Would like to ask regarding the Bandai's gold/silver plated special edition Vf-19S and VF-17D/S. I have been looking around, and have not seen any for sale. Is it rare? I can even find the Bandai Hi-Metal 1/55 Super Valk VF-1S Focker (MW rating : Bend Over) for sale around (though a bit expensive) but not the gold/silver plated Vf-19 or Vf-17. It is only rated as Difficult in MW, but have not seen them for sale around.

Does anyone know where to get it? Ebay seemed to be a good choice, but have not seen one for sale for a very-very long time.

Any ideas? And how much is the estimate price for it?

Thanks!

p/s : Moderator, if I posted this in the wrong forum, apologies... I did not put it in "Wanted" forum cause I just want to know if the toy is that rare... but of course, you can move it if it is not suitable. Thanks.

The Bandai plated VF-19 and VF-17 had moderate production runs, I remember seeing them pretty often back in 1998. But these days, those that have them don't wish to part with them, that's why you don't see them around :) E-bay and Yahoo Japan are your two best bets for finding these guys.

Oh yeah, don't worry, you've posted in the right forum.

Yo, actually I am talking about the 1/65 gold plated VF-19 and Vf-17 DX series by Bandai. It is completely built up, not model kits like what Bandai is releasing now. It is pretty much rare, and comes with serial numbers etched on the wings.

If u like the shining surface of the 1/100 Bandai, you'll be bowled over by the gold plated VF-17.

I have been prowling in the Ebay for quite some time now, the last I have seen was quite a number of months back. I missed the chance <_< , now I am waiting for the next one... too bad I can't read Japanese, or else I would be there prowling as well. :p

How I wish I have the cash back in 1996.... Yamato... when are you going to surprise us with a gold plated YF-19, YF-22 and VF-11? :D

Anyone knows a guesstimate price of the toy?

prices for these run around 80 to 100 a piece. I got my vf-19 for only 50 bucks from one of the members here on macrossworld. He has the other two but wanted 80 for each. I couldn't afford it so I passed it up. Maybe he still has it. :p:D:lol:

I found all three on ebay from one seller who was only auctioning one of them off. I asked if he had the other two, and we struck a deal for all three...

they are REALLY cool, and I believe the production run for those was around 5000 - 10000. (I think)

They are pretty rare. I found mine about a year and a half ago. So if you look I'm sure you will find them.

Good Luck.

Here's a pic of mine, just to taunt you.... sorry, I just had to. :ph34r:

post-4-1065550751_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of mine, just to taunt you.... sorry, I just had to.  :ph34r:

:blink: U just have to huh?... hey, by any chance you are selling them? :p

Yea, I have been prowling the ebay for it... but dunno when can one pop out. What a coincidence... when u don't have the $$, it pops out. But when you save enough to get 3 of them (I struck out all the 1/48, except the low visibility, out from my shopping list for these buggers...), it never comes.

BoBe-Patt, still remember the MW member who are selling them?

They are rare because they were a limited run item. IIRC, I heard somewhere that the quantity for each style was 5,000pcs.

Although I like the normal Macross 7 toys, I personally think the plated ones are fugly.

Also, they are only display peices really as they show fingerprints like crazy if handled, so need constant wiping down to look good. Also, if you plan to transform them often, the plating will scratch.

I used to own the silver VF-19S, but ended up throwing the fugly thing out B)

IMO, the best looking of the bunch was the dark chrome VF-17D, with the gold VF-17S being the ugliest.

Here in HK they turn up from time to time in some of the specialty hobby shops and usually sell for about US$200 a set.

Graham

They are rare because they were a limited run item. IIRC, I heard somewhere that the quantity for each style was 5,000pcs.

Although I like the normal Macross 7 toys, I personally think the plated ones are fugly.

Also, they are only display peices really as they show fingerprints like crazy if handled, so need constant wiping down to look good. Also, if you plan to transform them often, the plating will scratch.

I used to own the silver VF-19S, but ended up throwing the fugly thing out  B)

Well, one man's poison is another man's food. :lol: True, it will remain as a display set, but it beats having plain jane macross.... having a gold plated macross gives life to your collection.

IMO, the best looking of the bunch was the dark chrome VF-17D, with the gold VF-17S being the ugliest.

Here in HK they turn up from time to time in some of the specialty hobby shops and usually sell for about US$200 a set.

Graham

USD 200 for a set of 3? I would say that is a good bargain. Hmm... i think one day I should pay a visit to Hong Kong, just a 3 hour flight away.. hmmm

Nit